Fortumo integration? Handling Device Resolutions?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/Fortumo integration? Handling Device Resolutions?

monkeyteets(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi,

I'm currently evaluating Monkey and I see there is MonkeyStore for IAP, we'd like to use Fortumo on Android and IOS, I cannot see a module for it yet? has anyone integrated this?

If not, how do you integrate it?

Also it's not clear to me how to handle multiple device resolutions (in terms of assets) and scaling ?

I see there is a Flurry integration which is fantastic, but I don't see it in Module Registry? Is it mature enough/stable to use?

http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=4497

Supertino(Posted 2014) [#2]
Most API's need some interpreted code to site between Monkey and the target API, if you're a Java or c++ person that's probably easy enough to do but that's not my area.

As to the scaling\assets you need to handle this yourself typically most use AutoFit (http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=1500&page=1) to handle scaling and something of their own creation to handle which set of assets to load based on screen resolution etc.

monkeyteets(Posted 2014) [#3]
Thanks for the response Supertino, didn't know about AutoFit thanks! - I have no problem writing glue code if required just no idea how.

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#4]
About the Flurry module, I created it after a request from a community member, but didn't update it further as I was dissapointed by the response. My guess is that you just have to replace the native stuff with the current versions of Flurry and it should be fine.

monkeyteets(Posted 2014) [#5]
Mike, I think the Monkey community is probably abit too compact for great feedback on software(at least from an outsiders perspective) but let me say that I'm really happy you spent the time to create the Flurry module, it's definitely needed to create games on a more serious level and to compete with other game frameworks (at least to show that Monkey is mature enough to do so)

Whilst I haven't tested the Flurry module yet I can safely say if it did not exist I probably wouldn't be on this forum and would have dropped Monkey from the list of game frameworks I'm evaluating.

Actually I started looking at fantomEngine today, looks really cool!

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#6]
Thanks monkeyteets. At least you appreciate it. Let me know if it needs an update.

Supertino(Posted 2014) [#7]
@MikeHart - This is why I would support a little module store where users who spent time creating modules for popular API's could ask for a nominal fee for a say $5 for anyone who would want to make use of it. Day one purchases for me would be Google play services and Amazon circles.

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#8]
No problem Superrino. I have no problem with people using something for free when i put it out like that. I just was disappointed that someone promised me a donation if i added another feature. So i did but that donation never happened. I have learned my lesson from it :-)

monkeyteets(Posted 2014) [#9]
Mike, I just donated 10 euros to you, I hope that helps a little make up for it

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#10]
Hello Jarrad, thank you for the donation. You didn't had to do that, but it is very appreciated. I try to look into the module to see that is uptodate over the next days.