The Soccer Player Manager 2016

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Apps/The Soccer Player Manager 2016

bosh77(Posted 2016) [#1]
The Soccer Player Manager 2016 discussion thread. Please leave your feedback here.

bosh77(Posted 2016) [#2]
I have a problem with HTML5, with "LoadString" function and only with certain browsers. I do not understand why running directly from Monkey works, but when manually open the .html file I get an error: "Failed to execute 'send' on 'XMLHttpRequest'"

ImmutableOctet(SKNG)(Posted 2016) [#3]
@bosh77: 'LoadString' uses explicit HTTP requests in order to load resources. This requires an HTTP server. Monkey comes with MServer, which should be started when you make an HTML5 build. If it doesn't work by building and running, may I ask what OS you're building on?

Alternatively, you could try a different solution, either on your own system, or through a service like Dropbox public folders or GitHub pages.

bosh77(Posted 2016) [#4]
I use windows 10 now, but also with windows xp not works. It works with HTTP server, but not when I open "MonkeyGame.html" manually. Ok for Dropbox, but we have in Monkey the modules for all versions?
And I wanted to ask if you can use c# personal code in Monkey applications for windows phone versions. thank you very much.

ImmutableOctet(SKNG)(Posted 2016) [#5]
I use windows 10 now, but also with windows xp not works. It works with HTTP server, but not when I open "MonkeyGame.html" manually.

Yeah, that's a side effect of dynamically loading a resource without making a DOM element like an image. Stick to MServer for local testing.

Ok for Dropbox, but we have in Monkey the modules for all versions?

I'm a little lost with this question. Are you asking if the modules you use are included in the build? If so, yes, all of the source is built into one JavaScript file. You can redistribute that with whatever HTML interface you prefer.

And I wanted to ask if you can use c# personal code in Monkey applications for windows phone versions. thank you very much.

You mean like accessing C# code you wrote from Monkey? It's possible with external bindings. You can see some examples of this by checking out the 'brl' and 'mojo' modules in your Monkey installation.

External bindings aren't very convenient, but they're pretty straight forward.

bosh77(Posted 2016) [#6]
Thank you!
Ok for Dropbox, but we have in Monkey the modules for all versions?
I'm a little lost with this question. Are you asking if the modules you use are included in the build?

I mean if there are modules to manage files on DropBox, otherwise I did not understand.

ImmutableOctet(SKNG)(Posted 2016) [#7]
Oh, I get it. No, I was referring to hosting your game on DropBox while you test it, not uploading to DropBox from Monkey.

bosh77(Posted 2016) [#8]
Ah ok, I understand. Thank you again!