Defender 1

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Apps/Defender 1

APC(Posted 2015) [#1]
Defender 1 discussion thread. Please leave your feedback here.

APC(Posted 2015) [#2]
DEFENDER is one of my favorite arcade games and I decided to make a version of it in MONKEY, it took a while but it is finally here! It is hard when you have to wear the programmer, graphic designer, marketing and financial harts, but I know many of you share the same with me.
In the end I love Monkey, games and this is my hobby.
The iOS and Android versions are available at App Store and Google Pay Store!.

Enjoy the HTML version
Long Live The MONKEY !!!!!

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#3]
Looking good. The controls gui is a little big but I like it so far.

APC(Posted 2015) [#4]
Hi Mike,

For some reason the game pad looks bigger on the HTML, but on the mobile they look fine. Also the APPS posted on the Monkey site are limited by 960 x 640.
I may consider hiding it on the HTML version or resizing it. I just need to detect that I am running on HTML. By the way do you know how I do that in Monkey? I know on Fantom GL it has a the GetLanguage function.

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#5]
global isHTML:Bool = false
#if TARGET="html5"
	isHTML = True
#end

'...
'...
If isHTML = True
    'Act accordingly here
Endif

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#6]
Nice!

APC(Posted 2015) [#7]
Mark thanks for the tip!

GarBenjamin(Posted 2015) [#8]
I really like the way this game looks and the control system you came up with seems like it may actually work well on mobile (I rarely game on mobile because usually the control schemes suck).

Great job!

APC(Posted 2015) [#9]
GarBenjamin,

Thank you. I tried to make it easy to work on the mobile devices and I have fun playing it!
This app is now on the App Store and will soon be on Google Play.

APC(Posted 2015) [#10]
Hello Monkeys!

I am happy to announce that now DEFENDER 1 for Android Devices is available on the Google Play Store!

Enjoy!

SFBay(Posted 2016) [#11]
Just came upon this site. Like the game and graphics, but aliens seem to move a bit slowly - perhaps I'm at early stage! Still, nice. Well done!