The Career Ladder.

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Apps/The Career Ladder.

Alex(Posted 2014) [#1]
The Career Ladder. discussion thread. Please leave your feedback here.

Pharmhaus(Posted 2014) [#2]
The timing when you game over just doesn't feels right to me.
could you as an experiment show the thousandth/hundredth/tenth seconds I have until the guy dies in the block the guy is standing on?
Or maybe for all blocks, so it starts with a lot of time and the time you have begins to vary / decrease when you advance?
I haven't come far so I don't know if there is additional content but with timing you could add harder to collect coins or other achievements and even enemies.
Edit: Thinking about it showing the steps required for a level up or a progressbar would be nice too.
Edit2: you could use the current level icon as a progressbar to keep the design clean
e.g. this where you fill your current level icon

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#3]
Nice one. Give it some work on the presentation and ship it to the app stores. Could have a chance of people getting addicted.

Why0Why(Posted 2014) [#4]
That is like Flappy Bird addictive! Definitely develop it and put it on the app store. Really fun but would be much easier with 2 thumbs than trying to move back and forth with the mouse. If you want to make an apk I will test it on several android devices for you. I have multiple tablets and phones.

Alex(Posted 2014) [#5]
Thank you for advices and kind words!

The game is already on the app stores! =)
http://white-zebra.com/careerladder/

Pharmhaus,
Is it too long to die? Or short?
Thanks for tips! ;)

GW_(Posted 2014) [#6]
Fun! Needs Keyboard controls though....

Alex(Posted 2014) [#7]
Yeah, just came to think of this, thanks )
Mobile...
Will update ASAP!

Steve Ancell(Posted 2014) [#8]
I agree with the keyboard control idea, fun concept though.

Playniax(Posted 2014) [#9]
Like :)

GW_(Posted 2014) [#10]
Much better with keyboard control, although I don't get much farther than before :(
I hate to nag, but can you add a keybinding to the 'start over' button?

Alex(Posted 2014) [#11]
Thank you!
Which key would you prefer for restart/small jump/long jump?
Let's vote!

Sorry, I don't have much time to work on html5 version(on programming the binding), but if you have any fast fixes to advice I'll gladly do them!
Thanks again guys!

GW_(Posted 2014) [#12]
For a restart, just something that can quickly get back into the game, so maybe one of the jump keys or the spacebar?
I've noticed that the game retains your best profession, even after you start over. Is that a bug?

http://imgur.com/s4RAavX

Alex(Posted 2014) [#13]
It's always the best.
It just shows you who you currently are. Your current job )

I'll do the restart on 'Space', on 'Enter' and on any of jump keys!

underdrummer(Posted 2014) [#14]
That's fun! Nice work.

nicnic(Posted 2014) [#15]
Interesting. Also need keyboard controls.

Landon(Posted 2014) [#16]
spamming 1 and 0 allows me to fly up to superhero job.

Julio(Posted 2014) [#17]
Nice game!!!!

SLotman(Posted 2014) [#18]
Yeah, spamming the jump buttons and you can go on forever...

The game is quite nice, but something that bothers me in the concept - it seems to imply that for example being a policeman is better than being a teacher, or a waiter... it would be nice if the career was on the same "path" - for example: you start as a cadet, then become a police officer, then a detective, and so on.