Rebound

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Apps/Rebound

mjcamerer(Posted 2014) [#1]
Rebound discussion thread. Please leave your feedback here.

Pharmhaus(Posted 2014) [#2]
I like the concept, you did a good job there.
But I kind of miss some sounds when you finish a Level, Bounce on the floor, click buttons, etc.
I'm not sure if it would frustrate users, but I really would like to know the time I have to finish a level with 3 stars, 2 stars so I can restart early enough without having to restart the level later.

mjcamerer(Posted 2014) [#3]
Thanks for the feedback! The sounds were all features I had considered but did not have time to add before the competition had ended. I plan to get around to it sometime in the future and release the game for many more targets! I do really appreciate you taking the time to play the game. The idea for knowing the time required to get 3, 2, and 1 stars is a great idea and I hope to implement it soon. Thank you for suggesting that!

If anyone else plays and enjoys the game, I would appreciate your vote for my game in the contest located here: http://contest.rpgmakerweb.com/game/view/id/443

navyRod(Posted 2014) [#4]
Interesting... It is a challenge, having that said though, I get frustrated after a while not being able to complete a level.

Wonder if its possible to ad a little AI to determine that the player attempting to play the game is not up to the task at hand and
can either give some suggestions on how to complete the level or give some assistance based on time he has played.

The one thing that has frustrated me in a lot of games is if your not good enough you never get to see the whole masterpiece.

Sure it is a reward to get better but for instance if I plop down $60 for an Xbox or PlayStation game, I would like to be able to play the whole game. I don't know if anyone has ever considered the concept that some just aren't good enough in there reflex actions etc to make it through a game. If a game over time could sense the ability of a person playing it and adjust to the players ability to play it . Yes I know there are some options on some games to select easy level etc., but even on some of them the easy level is the creators definition of easy and perhaps not the players.

Just my thoughts.

silentshark(Posted 2014) [#5]
Original and nice. Well done.

I wouldn't know where to start with a physics game like this. Are you using Box2d?

tiresius(Posted 2014) [#6]
Yes please share what framework / modules you used to make it. The physics look good I was thinking Box2d...

mjcamerer(Posted 2014) [#7]
Thank you for the feedback navyRod, I will keep what you said in mind.

Now to answer the questions about frameworks / modules I used. For the physics I used muddy_shoes Box2d module. For the font I used Ziggy's FontMachine module. Finally, I am using DruggedBunny's Autofit module for scaling the game for all the different devices. Everything else was pure Monkey v78b, written in the default Ted IDE.

The game is not done. It just had to be submitted in time for the competition. I am working on some bug fixes and improvements and will hopefully have updates soon!

watashiwaher(Posted 2014) [#8]
It is coooool. I like it.

Axeman(Posted 2014) [#9]
Good Game, frustrating but good. Like itl.

skape(Posted 2014) [#10]
Fun game -- cool idea!

Arabia(Posted 2014) [#11]
Very cool concept.

mjcamerer(Posted 2014) [#12]
Thank you for the comments! I'm glad the game is being enjoyed!

Fryman(Posted 2014) [#13]
Like it, level 3 was hard though, 4 was easier!

Fryman(Posted 2014) [#14]
Cant get past 17 :(

Salmakis(Posted 2014) [#15]
Cool stuff =)
But please add an option to turn of music >.<

mjcamerer(Posted 2015) [#16]
Rebound is now out on the Android App Store! The game is 100% free and does not have any ads! There was also some updates to work better with touch controls and an option to turn the sound off. The game runs pretty smoothly on my android 4 tablet and android 5 phone. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Google Play ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mjcamerer.rebound&hl=en )
Amazon App Store ( http://www.amazon.com/Black-Moose-Games-Rebound/dp/B00V483ZOK/ )