Swim Jelly Swim 1.2

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Apps/Swim Jelly Swim 1.2

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#1]
Swim Jelly Swim 1.2 discussion thread. Please leave your feedback here.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#2]
This is the one I wana keep up, the other had an issue.

therevills(Posted 2014) [#3]
Very nice, a bit easy compared but great take on it :)

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#4]
I felt making the same would be pointless, what I did was take the difficulty and I slowly ramp it up, if you get in far enough you will/should be playing something thats actually harder than the original but so far most plays don't get that far.

Because I make small adjustment's to the gap size and the span between walls the player really does not notice , they get into a rytm and think yeah this is easy , right up until the adjustment is large enough for their brain to notice and it subconsciously screws with their timing and they die, it's really quite sadistic hahaha, so not as upfront evil as flappy but subtly that evil is still in there.

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2014) [#5]
i like it, but the collisions seem to be extended from the images.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#6]
Will take a look, but I think it only seems that way because of the animation of the jelly, when its in the down swing it looks smaller but the collision box is the same size still, I might shrink the hit box's a little but if I do that I will need to re-tune the difficulty to accommodate..

therevills(Posted 2014) [#7]
Are you actually using a hit box? It might be better to do CircleRectOverlap collisions (I used that for Flying Flappy Monkey).

Supertino(Posted 2014) [#8]
You so jacked my brain and stole that, I so thought of that premise like ages ago. Very nice though if a little easy (compared to a certain other game)

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#9]
Therevills I think I will take that advice, I was not planning to do anything else to it as it was just a little side thing, but using circle to rect does actually feel a lot better, although it has made the early game a lot easier than it already was the later game is more fun while still being hard, not sure if I will push these changes to the monkey site I have a terrible time just getting an app to upload but I will push out an update to the app store once iv done some additional tweaking with the new collisions.

Boulderdash(Posted 2014) [#10]
Couldn't get very far, keep dying very quickly, made me want to give up and lose interest quickly
but others are saying its to easy ? I thought its way to hard ? but I found the flappy monkey unplayable its so hard !
Maybe a skill level option ?

John Galt(Posted 2014) [#11]
Great little game. Infuriating but fun.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#12]
Thanks John..

Always nice to hear about people enjoying your game, even if its not an original concept.