what's wrong with this forum?

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Apps/what's wrong with this forum?

Jesse(Posted 2013) [#1]
what happened here? Its also missing the post by Mark with the top published applications.

therevills(Posted 2013) [#2]
I thought this was a new section of the site? And no-one had yet posted here...

rIKmAN(Posted 2013) [#3]
Yeah I noticed the other day that they all had new posts in them in the Active Topics list.

I assumed it was a new section that had been created and filled with an auto post for each App that had been submitted.

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2013) [#4]
One of the forums a few days ago said the last post was 45 years ago. I assume there has been some sort of maintenance going on...

SLotman(Posted 2013) [#5]
Also the "App Forums" link on the top bar is broken... something is definitively going on.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#6]
possibly they have just opened it for easy access?

or could it be a sign that they are implementing new things on the backend ?

need some sort of official reply to be sure i guess.

simonh(Posted 2013) [#7]
Yes we're getting ready to launch the new site, and this forum is part of the changes.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#8]
I was hoping it was the new site coming XD

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#9]
wooohoooo..

cant wait to see it, I hope it brings a lot of the stuff some of us have been asking for :)

Supertino(Posted 2013) [#10]
new site, is it using the templates that were floating around some months ago? I forget who made them sorry.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#11]
devolonter, he's also responsible of the current Monkey documentation design (which is quite good)

Original thread here: http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=4052#55926

Supertino(Posted 2013) [#12]
Ah those are them, looking spiffy I must say cant wait

silentshark(Posted 2013) [#13]
Looking forward to it, as I can't submit a new app at the moment:

"Sorry, this page is currently not available due to maintenance work. Please check back soon!"

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#14]
With a bit of luck that might mean its due in the next few days ?

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#15]
hmmm...
http://monkey-x.com/

Supertino(Posted 2013) [#16]
... what the fudge!

- new name?
- full re-brand to go along with new website?

therevills(Posted 2013) [#17]
Wow... Monkey is going after aliens!!!! ☺

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#18]
I think getting a top level domain was a good move, and with tons of monkey related domains already registered I think the -x is less of a re-branding and more of an necessity if they wanted to keep monkey in the uri.

I am looking forward to seeing everything change tho, a fresh lick of paint and a new domain name is never a bad thing, specially if it's combined with a little extra PR and word of mouth from the BRL and the fans.

At the very least it gives me a valid reason to spam my facebook friends with the new url.