Monkey Touch 2012

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Apps/Monkey Touch 2012

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#1]
Monkey Touch 2012 discussion thread. Please leave your feedback here.

navyRod(Posted 2014) [#2]
This looks pretty cool -- says it was for the community and a community project -- did this just die off and wasn't fully completed ?

Was it truly a community project and is there any code or tutorials out there on how any of this was created/implemented

Thanks
Rod

navyRod(Posted 2014) [#3]
This looks pretty cool -- says it was for the community and a community project -- did this just die off and wasn't fully completed ?

Was it truly a community project and is there any code or tutorials out there on how any of this was created/implemented ?

Thanks
Rod

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#4]
it was a community Jam that I started, I had hopped that after the first one others would step up and we would make it an annual thing but it was quite hard getting people to take part and interest in the project seemed to me at least to be low which is a real shame.

Source can be found here.

http://code.google.com/p/monkey-touch/

It's probably very out of date now I know diddy has had a lot of updates since, and so has some of the other bits of code used, as well as the core language itself, but it's still deff worth a look.

navyRod(Posted 2014) [#5]
thanks -- definitely going to be worth a look over

bummer that that the interest died off -- this did look like an awesome project for the community

update -- just starting to dig into some of the stuff you guys had going on here --
most definitely appreciate what was attempted here and not sure what can be done
but need to have a way to keep this around as a good resource for newb's like
myself.

Thanks again for all that contributed to this...

CGV(Posted 2014) [#6]
Might you recall what versions of Monkey and Diddy were used?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#7]
I honestly have no clue what versions we were using back then, I just pushed a quick and dirty hack to the repo r202, I commented out an overloaded font routine and did a quick and drity find 'n replace to update the instance calls from game to diddyGame which was one of the changes to diddy since the project was running.

it should at least compile now, and run, hope it helps.

If either of you make any major changes or fancy adding something to it feel free to drop me your google details and I will add you to the repo.

navyRod(Posted 2014) [#8]
thanks