PiPs Tic Tac Toe

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Apps/PiPs Tic Tac Toe

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#1]
PiPs Tic Tac Toe discussion thread. Please leave your feedback here.

simonh(Posted 2014) [#2]
Had to reject the latest version as it wasn't uploaded correctly.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#3]
OH MY GOD I hate this bloody system, no offence mate it just drives me mad.

any idea what was wrong with it ? it was a zip wasnt it ? and it was the html5 folder I zipped? or did I goof and send a rar?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#4]
Never mind just checked and it was a zip with the wrong path structure, fixing and uploading again.. sorry bout that..

simonh(Posted 2014) [#5]
No, didn't work again. You just need to zip the html5 build folder directly and upload that.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#6]
It's not me. It's the sites dodgy upload script.

Ignoring the fact that I have always had problems with it, and this is not the first time it's stopped me putting something up and is actually putting me OFF from doing it again in the future, I feel the need to just clarify what I have done just in case it is my fault.

Method 1 on Windows=, this was my first upload which you rejected.
1. Open Build Folder.
2. Right click on html5 (context menu opens) Send to zip, Upload.
3. Creates a zip, when open contains the html5 folder inside which is the game.

My second was this which you have now rejected again, or the system has which ever it is..
1. Open Build Folder
2. Open Html5 Folder.
3. Select all Files and Right click (context menu) Send to zip, Upload
this way creates a zip which when open contains the game.

Both methods your telling me have failed. I would love to know what I am doing wrong, and if its not me, which I do not think it is, your going to have to really look at that script and try and fix it, I know therevills has recently had issues with his jelly match 3 thing which he got uploaded but would not run, and I recall some one else mentioned another case of an uploaded app not working.

I don't know, just frustrating when it happens all the time :/

rIKmAN(Posted 2014) [#7]
From what MonkeyX said, the first way you did it is correct.

What are you using to zip?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#8]
Windows own zip the same method I used for every other app I have on the site.

rIKmAN(Posted 2014) [#9]
Yeah and you said you have had problems with every upload you have tried to make?

It shouldn't really make a difference, but maybe try using winRAR/winZIP or 7Zip to create the archive?

simonh(Posted 2014) [#10]
Method 1 should be correct. Maybe try again?

simonh(Posted 2014) [#11]
Although, I would hold off if you're using a recent version of Monkey - new apps aren't showing at the moment even after a successful upload.

simonh(Posted 2014) [#12]
For your Swim Jelly Swim game, the zip was packaged incorrectly but I've moved the files manually so it now works. It looks like it needed a html5 parent folder. I've removed the duplicate Swim Jelly Swim app submission that you created.

For this app, there appears to be no files that have been uploaded at all with your latest attempt, so I've rejected again. Feel free to send me a link to the zip so I can try uploading myself.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#13]
Thanks for fixing the Jelly one.

I will have another bash at the pip one, just so I am clear, because I have done it both ways and had them both fail, when I unzip the archive it should produce a folder say on my desktop called html5 in which should be another html5 folder in that the game files, or should it be that when I unzip the archive to for example my desktop it should result in a html5 folder in which is the game files.

Because I have done it so many times now and done it both ways multiple times and its failed all of them, so I'm either missing something or your unpacking script is broken.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#14]
Just for clarity here is what the current submission was done.

simonh(Posted 2014) [#15]
It's failed again (no files uploaded) - how big is the zip? Don't forget there's a 20MB limit - I'm sure we had problems before with this app being too big.

As for the zip file, it looks like you're using WinRAR - the first thing I would try is using Windows' built-in zip tool. Right click the html5 folder -> Send To -> Compressed Folder.

When unzipped, the folder structure should simply be one html5 folder, with main.js inside and the data folder.

I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the server side process as the vast majority of users manage to successfully upload their app first time.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#16]
oiofhowehfioewqe hgiowehgpaeorhgioup ehgioqehgiohqeroi

lol I have used Windows that's what I was using, some one suggested I try win rar but to be honest I have tried like 4 different archiving tools.....

HOWEVER... the one thing I never though about was the size, I never really think about it my internet is so fast it's kinda become a non issues, so that could be the problem I will go take a look.

It's 20.9 meg :( BOOOO!!!... Will try again this time I will cut some files.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#17]
If all this has been because of the file size and nothing to do with the archive itself I think I might face smash my keyboard.

Mr X, Mark, Simon, who ever you are, can you please add a simple Alert("OI IDIOT SHRINK YOUR FILE") or something, anything at, as long as it gives the user some feedback that their file is larger than expected, I know if this has been the problem that it's my fault and fair enough but had the site thrown me an error of some sort I would have solved it quickly and quietly rather than wasting tons of time worried that my archiving software was producing archives your site could not read.

simonh(Posted 2014) [#18]
Success! Got there in the end.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#19]
woohooo lol..