How often to people use their desktop at work/home/study?

Community Forums/Technical Discourse/How often to people use their desktop at work/home/study?

Matty(Posted June) [#1]
I have this thought, that may be unfounded, that other than developers the average person doesn't use a desktop (or laptop) for internet usage anymore but rather their tablet or phone.

I use the internet on my work pc and sometimes on my home pc - but as a developer when I switch on my pc at home it is to do some programming or art usually..which I imagine the average person does not do.

I use the internet most of the time on my phone.

So..this board is mainly developers so I imagine the result would be skewed in favour of desktop and laptop usage but is it fair to say that the average person typically doesn't need or use a desktop most of the time?

xlsior(Posted June) [#2]
but is it fair to say that the average person typically doesn't need or use a desktop most of the time?

Your grandma doesn't need her PC anymore, but your average gamer (and business worker of course) does.

(tu) ENAY(Posted June) [#3]
I use Vita to access the Net at home, otherwise I try to stay away from the Internet at all times outside of work.