Lorenz Attractor

Community Forums/Technical Discourse/Lorenz Attractor

skidracer(Posted May) [#1]

The first thing that springs to mind after watching this is using the algorithm as a race circuit generator.

As a procedural generator enthusiast I am surprised I had forgotten about such corners of the math universe.

Yue(Posted May) [#2]
With old age I have learned and accepted that there are things that I will never really learn or fully compute.

Awesome video.

BlitzSupport(Posted May) [#3]
... and in Blitz3D, 15 years ago :P

Lorenz 3D

skidracer(Posted May) [#4]
Thanks James, I noted some blitz3d source on a french site but hadn't seen your contribution. Will test tonight.

BlitzSupport(Posted May) [#5]
Just added link to original archive, looks/sounds WAY cooler with media!

EDIT: RRRRRRRGGGGHHH!! Re-upped archive/updated links, had weird resource typos in source -- edit j's out of "winjd" and "pojint" if already downloaded!

Mainsworthy(Posted May) [#6]
hERE IS A CHAOS THEORY OF MINE, COMPUTERS ARE NOT COMPLETELY RANDOM, SO THE MATH IT GENERATES WONT BE EITHER , LIKE THE IMAGES YOU SEE OF THE CHAOS THEORY,

sorry keys on caps.

xlsior(Posted May) [#7]
hERE IS A CHAOS THEORY OF MINE, COMPUTERS ARE NOT COMPLETELY RANDOM, SO THE MATH IT GENERATES WONT BE EITHER , LIKE THE IMAGES YOU SEE OF THE CHAOS THEORY,

Out of the the box they aren't, but there are a ton of places that will sell you a hardware random number generator that depends on external/environmental sources to generate true random numbers, e.g.:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_hardware_random_number_generators

Mainsworthy(Posted May) [#8]
xisior, I can see what your saying, but anything powered by electric has a frequency that it operates on, so all output is tainted. you need something like an analogue instruament like a barometer . even if some of those things generated a true random number analogue would not be fast enough to use in a chaos theory type equation what does lots of math. the chaos theory is really a view of a cpu repeating itself

GW(Posted May) [#9]
Btw: A whlie back, I put a chaos attractor program in the code archives for anyone interested.

Mainsworthy(Posted May) [#10]
thx GW

Matty(Posted May) [#11]
We studied these and other force fields arising from ordinary differential equations back at university in the mid 90s....you can get some nice patterns from some simple looking equations...and in fact depending on where you start in the field you can get entirely different looking patterns.