MS and Intel will kill off AMD

Community Forums/Technical Discourse/MS and Intel will kill off AMD

EOF(Posted April) [#1]
Seems like a deal is in the works between Microsoft and Intel to effectively kill off competition from AMD. In a future forced update any PC with AMD hardware running Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 will start to show aggressive pop up windows and slow down the whole system to 'encourage' users to switch to Intel hardware. MS statement:
Our long term strategy has always been to merge the best of Windows features and superior hardware to enhanced user experiences. Together with our well established partnership with Intel that vision is now possible.

The stinger is this part:
The next critical update phase will actively encourage Winows users (from version 7 onwards) running non-Intel platforms to upgrade their PC's to Intel-based chip sets. The switch will happen by use of aggressive tactics (such as regular user experience knowledge dialogs and system stalls) in order to achieve our long term goal.

http://www.businessinsider.com/microsoft%20intel%20strike%20deal/lirpa1/

xlsior(Posted April) [#2]
Seems like both Intel and Microsoft could be on the receiving end of a monopoly abuse lawsuit over that.

Derron(Posted April) [#3]
I think the bottom row right corner of your desktop will show a clock... Hover it and read aloud todays date.

Bye
Ron

grable(Posted April) [#4]
Ah yes. Its THAT day of the year again. Better stay of the internets then :p
Though i wouldnt put it past MS+Intel to do the above and worse hehe

xlsior(Posted April) [#5]
It was still March in my timezone.

Hotcakes(Posted April) [#6]
Given MS' recent mistreatment of Windows 7s Update systems this was almost crazy enough to be believable. I know that first quote is from a real source. :)

(tu) ENAY(Posted April) [#7]
The link is now dead, sadly.

xlsior(Posted April) [#8]
https://www.pcgamesn.com/nvidia/nvidia-amd-difference

Nvidia and AMD come clean: “We make one graphics card and then just paint it red or green”

EOF(Posted April) [#9]
The link is now dead, sadly
My link? Oh that's a naughty fake. See link ending /lirpa1 or backwards = 1april. Baaam!

Hotcakes(Posted April) [#10]
Lol xlsior