..Nintendo Switch issues..

Community Forums/Technical Discourse/..Nintendo Switch issues..

Naughty Alien(Posted March) [#1]
..seriously ? They cant get their hardware straight up anymore...what a joke..

BlitzMan(Posted March) [#2]
Yep i have just been told a lot of bad things about Nintendo Switch.Not good,and i was just about to buy one.

Neuro(Posted March) [#3]
Eh...reminds me of the launch days of the PS4 BSOD (hell, even i got that), Xbone GSOD (and bricking power supply), 360's famous RROD (got that too), PS3's OROD, PS2 RSOD....etc. Only now so much attention is focused on the Switch than ever before. However....issues such as scratched screens and burnt out pixels is bad - especially when the Big N initially considers them not a defect (they did took that page down right away when enough people complained and threaten more loudly). Nonetheless, i'm still gonna get one if I can ever find a place that has any in stock.

Ian Thompson(Posted March) [#4]
I'll pass. It looks more effort than its worth.

Steve Elliott(Posted March) [#5]
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Nintendo are already behind Sony and Microsoft, so they really are in no position to patronise customers about dead pixels.

Hotcakes(Posted March) [#6]
It's an interesting launch, to be sure. It's already done better than the WiiU, despite the WiiU having some actual worthwhile launch titles. You know, more than like, 2.

The hardware is a shambles. Being able to attach the wrong strips to the JoyCons without any effort at all - only to require maximum effort to detach again - on a kid oriented machine... is just insane. Who designed this mess?

Contrast to the recent PSVR launch, which had a larger selection of launch titles for a PERIPHERAL attachment that costs more than the console itself. Nintendos position on VR is that it isn't ready for prime time yet (aka their hardware division has lost the plot and can't keep up with demand) and yet they release this in the state it's in?

Where's all the fun OS stuff? Why is it a plain, soundless and gaudy white interface? I'm not sure what they learnt from the WiiU disaster, but I'm not convinced it was the right things.

Hell, the single must-have title runs just fine on the previous hardware anyway.

I think between the WiiU failure, the insistence on continuously launching consoles mid-generation, that can't even keep up with the previous gens' competition and now with Pro out and Scorpio on its way, mobile market eating into their handheld offerings... Nintendo are really in quite a state at the moment.

Still, sales are up so far, so let's see if they can bounce back somewhat.

(tu) ENAY(Posted March) [#7]
A few things about I find annoying. The controller splitting, I think it's similar to keyboards that are split in half.
I don't know about you but I like having one controller, not two. Having to have straps and using both hands. I often play controller with one hand on my knee and the other on my PC mouse.
Picking up and putting down this controller is cumbersome, getting hand cramps on that right analogue stick, and don't even mention the battery life.

I also find it amusing that Zelda runs fine in handheld mode but constantly stutters and has poor framerates and slowdown when on the big screen.
Considering how long it has been in development, everything feels rough around the edges.

And that's not including the elephant in the room. Where are the games? Mostly games from last generation, just like what happened with the WiiU.
Why is Puyo Puyo Tetris on there? That's a 3 year Wii U game, also available on Vita, 3DS, PS3 and PS4. The best launch title Zelda, is also available on the Wii U. Why buy it on release?

Say hello to Wii U 2.

degac(Posted March) [#8]
I still think that Nintendo chose the wrong time frame to launch Switch.
And surely the (normal) hardware problems and - most important - the lack of a games to play with at the launch seems to confirm my idea that Nintendo did everything too quickly (and far from 'perfection').

With Wii I remember that - with the console - you got Wii Sport... a simple but damn funny game (box, golf, tennis etc) to 'practice' the wiimote-thingy. Now, you buy the console and - excluding playing with the settings (!) - you can't too much without a game (=spending other money!)

No idea why they choose this time/season (march) to launch it... I know they are surely too late for Xmas 2016, maybe they think that for Xmas2017 they could play the card of new price cut, console+game pack etc (or even a v.1.1) or something using/related to Android OS in the worst case/scenario (the hardware is quite *standard*).

Well, better sit down and wait!

Polarix(Posted March) [#9]
Well, you got to admit that it is an extremely new console and there is bound to be some bugs.

Blitzplotter(Posted March) [#10]
Okay, some bugs, but the physical design of the controllers permitting you to lock them together in the incorrect manner - adults struggle to resolve the issue - at least if little johhny has a problem with his controller he can have some quality time with his parents whilw they try to suss out why the controller locked together in the wrong configuration.

To be honest, I was quite looking forward to nintendo going somewhere new with the controllers 'splitting' - hope they resolve their teething troubles.

Hotcakes(Posted March) [#11]
It's such a strange, easily avoidable issue. All they needed to do was mold the plastic so that the bottom of the piece had some sort of contour, stopping it sliding in the wrong way. Did it not come up in QA somehow?!?

(tu) ENAY(Posted March) [#12]
Interesting that Nintendo put some chemicals on the cartidges to make them taste awful, so people would refrain from eating them.

Not like there has been any known cases of anyone eating 3DS, Vita, or pretty much any SD memory cards.

Floyd(Posted March) [#13]
It might appeal to Homer Simpson.

Kent Brockman: Springfield has come down with a fever . . . Football fever. If you have the fever, there's only one cure. Take two tickets and see the game Sunday morning.

TV Voiceover: Warning, tickets should not be taken internally.

Homer: See, because of me, now they have a warning.

Neuro(Posted March) [#14]
Interesting that Nintendo put some chemicals on the cartidges to make them taste awful, so people would refrain from eating them.

I dunno. I like to eat Nintendo cartridges for lunch from time to time. But i agree...not very tasty.

neoshaman(Posted March) [#15]
Who design this mess? Mess sell like hot cakes, looks like they did well for what they were going.