What games have people been playing?

Community Forums/Technical Discourse/What games have people been playing?

Matty(Posted 2017) [#1]
I've been playing Dominions 4 multiplayer with a friend via email...having our second game presently. I really like this game despite its 90s era graphics and gameplay (or perhaps because of it!)

I'm thinking of playing Stellaris multiplayer as well with a few friends too in the near future.

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2017) [#2]
Bloodborne. Absolutely fantastic game.

Hotcakes(Posted 2017) [#3]
^ Correct!

I've been playing Resident Evil 7 in PSVR. Bloody wonderful experience.

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2017) [#4]
Hopefully VR should properly kick off once a lot of games as good quality as Resident Evil 7 make it main stream.

Hotcakes(Posted 2017) [#5]
The next big release is Ace Combat, I believe.

But yeah I get the feeling that RE7 is a rather average game in its own right. I'm playing on Easy because I'm a wimp, so maybe some of the lamer puzzles are a bit less so on Normal mode. Not the sort of game I would care for too much normally, but in VR it's fantastic. I get a really nostalgic feeling running around a mansion with very RE-esque puzzles but actually being able to take in all my surroundings instead of looking only via an isometric camera. There's a crazy amount of detail gone into areas you never actually visit and can only see through looking out boarded windows etc. Very atmospheric indeed.

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2017) [#6]
I also like the fact they bothered to make sure the game 60fps on a console. I mean I remember back when PS2 came out and all the games on release were 60fps and I thought wow, the future is here. And yet they keep going back to 30fps whenever they can, just to make things shinier. I suspect they had to go with 60fps because of the VR requirement because 30fps on a headset will give you motion sick very quickly. I know this because of using the Oculus Rift on Unity, if you set it to a slow frame rate, it really does give you horrible motion sickness.

Here's hoping to a future of good VR games, and not just ones that last 10-15 minutes and feel like tech demos.

I'd love to see a 3D remake of "Papers Please". Yeah I know the original is an indie 2D game art style, but the way in that game you have to look out for shifty people and not let in criminals. It would be interesting to have to look down at the papers and keep an eye on their reaction while you look at the papers.

Hotcakes(Posted 2017) [#7]
So PP crossed with LA Noire :p

I suspect they had to go with 60fps because of the VR requirement because 30fps on a headset will give you motion sick very quickly

Yeah exactly. 60 fps is actually the minimum mandated by Sony for PSVR titles.

RemiD(Posted 2017) [#8]
diablo 1, diablo 2, nox, arcanum, baldur's gate dark alliance, fallout brotherhood of steel, hotline miami, larva mortus, because i am trying to create a video game with a similar gameplay / similar view...

xlsior(Posted 2017) [#9]
Kingdom Rush Frontiers -- Beat the game, now finishing the last few achievements (80/84!)

Neuro(Posted 2017) [#10]
Last game i played was Raw Data on the HTC Vive. Me and a buddy had a hell of time trying to take out those terminator robots last night....kinda creepy too when they sneak up on you from the sides. But best fun i had on VR yet...but then again there is Paint Ball on Rec-Room....

Winni(Posted 2017) [#11]
Dishonored 2.
Stasis.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2017) [#12]
rage. rocksmith multiplayer with guitar aqnd bass.

therevills(Posted 2017) [#13]
Finished Uncharted 1 (remasted) and now playing Uncharted 2 (remasted)... and Rush of Blood and over VR games (Pinball etc).

Waiting awhile till I get RE7.

Xerra(Posted 2017) [#14]
Game I'm waiting to play. Constructor on PS4. Remake of the legendary game from 1997.