XBOne power supply issues?..

Community Forums/Technical Discourse/XBOne power supply issues?..

K(Posted 2017) [#1]
Hey, has anyone had issues with the power supply on their XBOne? My brother's console exhibits the following symptoms:
1)No HDMI output.
2)Refuses hard reboot.
3)Refuses factory reset.
4)The power supply brick's LED switches from white to orange repeatedly, before settling on orange.

BTW the HDMI cable is in the correct port. When attempting a factory reset, the hard drive spins to a few locations and the fan kicks until the power supply goes orange again and kills it. Any ideas guys?
-K

Trinosis(Posted 2017) [#2]
Sorry to hear about your problems.

Never had any problems with my XBoxOne.

It's over a year old and gets used daily.

K(Posted 2017) [#3]
It's not mine, so I don't really know much about them.

Winni(Posted 2017) [#4]
I bought my Xbox One when the console was released and never had any hard- or software issues with it. You should send the machine in.

xlsior(Posted 2017) [#5]
They made millions - there are bound to be some bad eggs I the mix.

Neuro(Posted 2017) [#6]
Sounds like a bricked system. I've had my Xbone since launch day and since its connected to my DVR...its pretty much on almost every day and still works fine. Although during updates, it does causes it to act kinda funny in which i'd have to do pull the plug and reboot it for everything to work normally again - a regular reboot wouldn't work.

However, my PS4 had the launch day WLOD and i sent that back to Sony and they sent me back a brand new system with a free game within the same week.

K(Posted 2017) [#7]
Okay thanks guys.