40!

Community Forums/Technical Discourse/40!

Matty(Posted 2017) [#1]
It's my 40th Birthday today - Friday the 13th and a Full Moon...what madness may ensue today ha ha ha....

And to keep it computer related here is an article about the raspberry Pi....

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/computers/a-new-computer-for-just-40-20120619-20mmu.html

Derron(Posted 2017) [#2]
To keep it computer/maths related:

40! = 8.1591528e+47

:-)

Have fun and enjoy the day. Now the years of baldness and oblivion begin.

bye
Ron

RustyKristi(Posted 2017) [#3]
hey Happy birthday! enjoy your day

BlitzSupport(Posted 2017) [#4]
All downhill from here... 43 now, jeez! :/

Happy Birthday anyway!

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2017) [#5]
I'm 38 this year, not far behind you guys. I still can't believe though that I was first looking into using Blitz on PC when I was 19. Almost half my life ago. :/

Naughty Alien(Posted 2017) [#6]
Happy birthday maannnn... :)

Hotcakes(Posted 2017) [#7]
Good lord, you're old. I had no idea.

Of course I'm pushing 38 this year :)

Uhh, well anyway, happy birthday! I hope it's a good year for you.

coffeedotbean(Posted 2017) [#8]
36 this year but when Trump blows up the world a week from now what does it matter?

cps(Posted 2017) [#9]
All the best, have fun cps

TomToad(Posted 2017) [#10]
Who let all these kids onto the forum?

Blitzplotter(Posted 2017) [#11]
Happy Birthday Matt - life begins at 40, I'll be 40+6 this year.... I only started skating at 40 an am off out to an adult skate tonight with the family. Me and the wife are the only sideways surfers.... ;)

@ENAY:

I still can't believe though that I was first looking into using Blitz on PC when I was 19.

I thought... how can that be right... started to do a little arithmetic - oh yeah, wheres the years gone?

Enjoy the rest of your day Matty ;)

EdzUp MkII(Posted 2017) [#12]
Happy Birthday :)

43 here :)

Yue(Posted 2017) [#13]
38 here. And the question is. Will it be that when I am eighty, I will still be in front of a computer?

Winni(Posted 2017) [#14]
Happy Birthday!

Today's my wife's and mine "virtual wedding day" -- we married on a Friday the 13th.

And, for the record, I'm 46 and will turn 47 this year in March. As TomToad said... "Who led all the kids onto the forum?" Muahaha.

Matty(Posted 2017) [#15]
Thanks all. Had a good day and night.

Yeah Ive been using blitz since I was 25.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2017) [#16]
Congrats Matty. Many more years to come in wealth and good health!
I'm from 69, so do the math if you like -I won't-stopped at 37. Age aint nothing but a number, but then again perhaps because in our family we don't age. :-)

Neuro(Posted 2017) [#17]
There's a lot of 38'ers here....you old bastards ;)!!

steve_ancell(Posted 2017) [#18]
I'm 43 in April, I was only 18 not too long ago, 'nuff said!

P.S: Hope you enjoyed your birthday Matty. ;)

K(Posted 2017) [#19]
Wow.. good job making it far in good spirits and good health.
Of course I'm 22 so's you can brush off whatever I say!

AdamStrange(Posted 2017) [#20]
Will you kids stop shouting! Dads got some work to do down here with u other 50's

Neuro(Posted 2017) [#21]
Of course I'm 22 so's you can brush off whatever I say!

Heh...I was your age when i first discovered Blitz.....damn i'm old...

Henri(Posted 2017) [#22]
Like the wizard in Lord Of The Rings I'm neither old nor young but just the right age :-)

-Henri

Polarix(Posted 2017) [#23]
Hey that was my sister's birthday

Steve Elliott(Posted 2017) [#24]
Hope you had a good time buddy. Yes, where does the time go?! It doesn't bother me because age is just a number, and I grew up when the industry started - such a cool time.

Space Invaders and Pacman, through to Street Fighter II and beyond. Even now walking into an arcade and hearing those familiar sounds, or seeing an old film like Tron takes me right back to happy memories as a kid.

My very first computer (the ZX Spectrum) opened my eyes to a world of possibilities. I still have that computer, sadly it no longer works, but it's worth a priceless piece of nostalgia :)

Blitzplotter(Posted 2017) [#25]
My very first computer (the ZX Spectrum) opened my eyes to a world of possibilities.
Snap, I still see coding as making moving art - which still amazes and intrigues me ;)

virtlands(Posted 2017) [#26]
Hi Matty, just wait, eventually you'll be 50.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2017) [#27]

My very first computer (the ZX Spectrum) opened my eyes to a world of possibilities.

Snap, I still see coding as making moving art - which still amazes and intrigues me ;)

Absolutely, these days it's more about being spoilt for choice, which system you choose.

God I'm 48 in April, and indeed where does the time go? I'm jumping out of a plane, landing on a beautiful beach for my Birthday, then beer at the hotel above...You're all welcome to come :)

DougUK(Posted 2017) [#28]
haven't posted for a few years but still look in now and then, wish i was 40 again :)

You work it out i was born in 1961 lol

Have fun :)

MadJack(Posted 2017) [#29]
I'm jumping out of a plane, landing on a beautiful beach for my Birthday

Mysteriously, Steve stopped posting to the Blitz forum shortly after the above post.

And nobody knew why...

Steve Elliott(Posted 2017) [#30]
Haha, my Birthday isn't until April...Now I'm nervous ;)

But if I survive that I'm shooting a wedding March 2018 - in New Zealand, in a forest it seems.

Naughtical(Posted 2017) [#31]
I'm 14 here. Blitz is older than me! xD

By the way, happy birthday!

MadJack(Posted 2017) [#32]
in New Zealand, in a forest it seems.

Which forest? Remember, some of our forests down here have giant spiders and trees that come alive and walk about.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2017) [#33]
Haha, yes I've visited 'Hobbiton' before.

In the Hamilton area, North Island. Not sure of the forest location as yet.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2017) [#34]
Anyway, just bought a £5 SNES-like games controller - and ordered another (from PiHut).

I'm in nostalgia heaven, along with the pi 3 and MAME.

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2017) [#35]

I'm 14 here. Blitz is older than me! xD

By the way, happy birthday!

Wow, when I made my first game in Blitz, you didn't even exist in this universe. :) That just seems really spooky in a weird sort of way.

TomToad(Posted 2017) [#36]
Wow, when I made my first game in Blitz, you didn't even exist in this universe. :) That just seems really spooky in a weird sort of way.

Was watching Star Trek before Chris Pine existed
Seen the Star Wars Trilogy before Daisy Ridley existed
Read Lord of the Rings before Elijah Wood existed

Could probably go on.

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2017) [#37]
NO. TOM TOAD STOP IT! haha ;)