AMD Vega. Doom at 4k 60+ FPS Ultra settings.

Community Forums/Technical Discourse/AMD Vega. Doom at 4k 60+ FPS Ultra settings.

Richard Betson(Posted 2017) [#1]

Check out AMD's Vega running Doom at 4k ultra settings. It seems to be running Doom at 60-70 FPS. That beats the GTX 1080. Wow!

More About Vega.

Why0Why(Posted 2017) [#2]
Nvidia needs some competition and I hope this is it. However, being Doom, they are probably running on Vulkan so it may not be representative of most games. I hope the new CPU's are good to, the desktop has been way to stagnant for way to long.

xlsior(Posted 2017) [#3]
However, being Doom, they are probably running on Vulkan so it may not be representative of most games

The video did explicitly mention it using Vulkan

Richard Betson(Posted 2017) [#4]
. . . the desktop has been way to stagnant for way to long.
It has. Seeing an engineering sample of Vega pull off 70fps (spikes as high as 85 reported in the second video) at 4k is impressive even under Vulkan's API. Ryzen looks to be as good or better then Intel's i7-6900k flagship product. AMD is really starting to walk-the-walk again.

zzz(Posted 2017) [#5]
Vega seems to be a decent iteration of their uarch, but nothing out of the ordinary so far. Remember it was a good while ago the 1080 appeared. Ryzen on the other hand..

coffeedotbean(Posted 2017) [#6]
I made the switch from Athlon & ATI\AMD some 10 years ago, today I always go for intel & Geforce I just find for the little extra you pay you get much more. I'll need to see how the new stuff from AMD stacks up but they'll need to impress (i.e same performance but lower cost) before I move to a whole new family. Nice for Intel to have some competition though.