Rodents found on Mars?

Community Forums/Technical Discourse/Rodents found on Mars?

JoshK(Posted 2016) [#1]
I have found proof undeniable that Mars is inhabited by alien squirrels:

Here is the original photo on the NASA site:
https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/msl/multimedia/pia16204.html

Yue(Posted 2016) [#2]
It can be two things, one that the photo is from the desert where they are tested, the other that if there are rodents on mars.

Now, this leaves a lot to think about, they lie to us, because if I look at the official photo of the nasa, I see a mouse.

So it is very by chance that the mouse is part of the station where the tests are done, I think it is a fraud. But in the end one does not know what to think.

The good thing is that in my game I can put mice. XD

EOF(Posted 2016) [#3]
If anything Mars could have very ancient artifacts which would have eroded or broken apart over time. It is rather intriging how many structured-looking formations have been found. Whether these are purely coincidental in nature or were intelligently manufactured is something yet unknown.

SOURCE - SOL 0735 (Mast cam):
http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?s=735&camera=MAST_

SOURCE - SOL 0184 (Mast cam):
http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=0184MR0009251020202164E01_DXXX&s=184

Flanker(Posted 2016) [#4]
Pareidolia.

You can see what you want in rocks, it's like clouds. Actually there is another image of this "rocknest" spot, from a different angle, and people see a face in another rock... It just depends of the sun angle, 2 hours later we would see a pink elephant maybe ?

But NASA says thanks, because it wouldn't be interesting for people to know that Mars is a totally dead planet with absolutely nothing but rocks on it, and they don't even need to lie, people do it for them.

It's like the great pyramids of Egypt and stuff like that, they refuse scientific research of the structure because it would break the mystery : it's just a big tomb with nearly nothing inside, and man made... But instead they allow esoteric producers directly on the site to entertain the alien mystery...

JoshK(Posted 2016) [#5]
I've seen that face thing and it looks stupid, like seeing Jesus in a tortilla.

Yue(Posted 2016) [#6]

An increased snowflake.

A gemotric figure in Saturn.

Mouse on Mars.

steve_ancell(Posted 2016) [#7]
It's complete bollocks, those photos are of a NASA training site. I still say there's Clangers on the moon though, I saw it in a TV programme. ;)

Naughty Alien(Posted 2016) [#8]
I trust more to street punks than what NASA says..when you start asking questions about 'famous 7 minutes of terror', they just delete your thread...so scientific..

Yue(Posted 2016) [#9]
Donald Trump plans to make a money cut to NASA.

BlitzMan(Posted 2016) [#10]
@steve_ancell fuck off you cant beat the soup dragon.:)

Qube(Posted 2016) [#11]
After extensive research and whispers from my MJ12 contacts I can reveal that this is :

Krischan(Posted 2016) [#12]
Well gentlemen, you can even see images in white noise... ;-)

steve_ancell(Posted 2016) [#13]
Didn't see no mouses in that white noise, although I'm pretty sure I saw some pixie looking thing with big ears... Fuck!, I need to get out more.

Dan(Posted 2016) [#14]
Shocking, but true, Mouse on Mars:

Got the idea from this image.

Well gentlemen, you can even see images in white noise... ;-)

And here is really a 3d mickey mouse hidden. Almost as big as the picture !

xlsior(Posted 2016) [#15]
One word: Pareidolia.

/or photoshop.

iprice(Posted 2016) [#16]
I just spent 20minutes* trying to find the hidden 3D picture in that white noise! :P

* That may be a lie.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#17]
I agree that lot of this is wishful thinking/cloud gazing. Big question also is what would it eat? Rocks??

I don't think there's enough vegetation if any at all to sustain large lifeforms. Microbes, moss perhaps, but even that could be wishful thinking.

The Jim Brown pics I find more interesting looking but nevertheless can be caused by natural phenomenon.

Nice timepassing though..

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#18]
What you have here, is a potential gameplay for a game :
find/generate photos of intriguing environments, and edit them to add human made symbols/buildings that blends in the environment, and the gameplay would be to find the hidden structures.

TomToad(Posted 2016) [#19]
Near the rat, I found a shark's tooth, goldfish, stingray, a dog's nose, and a toad.

Neuro(Posted 2017) [#20]

LT(Posted 2017) [#21]
Krischan, stop posting smut! ;)

loofadawg(Posted 2017) [#22]
I saw a mouse head in my sweet potato once. No really.

MadJack(Posted 2017) [#23]
Back in the day nutters had to stand on soapboxes and shout at passersby.

But with the internet they can set up impressive looking websites and videos.
Moreover they can now network, form communities and reference each other's blogs as 'legitimate' sources of information.

This is why we've seen the rise of all sorts of woo these last few decades.

Apparently even flat-earthers are making a comeback. Seriously.

loofadawg(Posted 2017) [#24]
There is a video on youtube that purports that the planets and sun orbit the earth.

skidracer(Posted 2017) [#25]
Religious commentary removed, please refrain from further such postings, thanks.

steve_ancell(Posted 2017) [#26]
@skidracer:

I just sent you an email.

JoshK(Posted 2017) [#27]
We are clearly about to be taken over by a race of superintelligent space squirrels. I for one welcome our new rodent overlords.

steve_ancell(Posted 2017) [#28]
All the time NASA are in charge, and other nut job societies have influence on what can and can not be told to the public, the whole truth of whether or not there is life on other planets will always be told to us in the form of complete and utter bullcrap.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2017) [#29]
..is earth flat ?? I dont know..i do know what im told trough education system, just like everybody else..what i also do know that i can see entire shoreline of indonesia, from Port Dickson, Malaysia, all way across straights of melacca (73km away closest point)..and its right on the equator where bulge supposed to be larger..and i should not be able to see that..answer given is...superior mirage..a specific condition happens...yet, i can see bloody shoreline at any time (unless haze/fog/heavy rain is present)..so, what is 'specific' about it if it is constantly present...then you ask for some physics/math model of that 'phenomena' and your post gets deleted from NASA sites..so scientific..

steve_ancell(Posted 2017) [#30]
Water on a planet stays put because gravity pulls everything to the centre, if the world was flat then all the water would have pissed off the edge by now. Not only that, a satellite would not pass over the same point day after day if it was flat.

A flat world would also make geostationary orbital satellites impossible, and I am using one of those right now to send this message over the internet.

skidracer(Posted 2017) [#31]
The world is not flat from POV of an object in orbit.

From the point of view of being a 2m uneducated tall human standing on it's surface I regard it as flat. I don't buy into the delusions of science and mathematics that I am physically standing on the backside of some ball.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2017) [#32]
..is it 100 000 feet enough to see a curve, from the point of view of educated human being ?

Henri(Posted 2017) [#33]
People see what they want to see. Mind makes patterns all the time.

You see a rodent, I see a oval shaped rock.
You see a cute antenna, I see black stripes accompanied by other stripes.
You see a little leg, I see a little pebble.

The 'problem' is static 2d image with thousands of different shaped rocks casting different shaped shadows. If the picture was rotated I bet it would look complitely different.

@Flat earth

Here are some practical thought experiments on subject: http://www.popsci.com/10-ways-you-can-prove-earth-is-round.

In conclusion: Universe follows the law of 'Let's take the path that is easiest'. I'm sure it has something to do with thermodynamics and it seems to apply to everything. Easiest explanation is more likely to be true.

-Henri

RemiD(Posted 2017) [#34]
Even if you are a skeptic person, there are more indications that you can observe by yourself, that the earth is rather spherical (but maybe not perfectly spherical) rather than flat :
->you can see that others planets/moons are spherical (shape and how lighting/shading behaves on it)
->you can't see far away mountains even in a clear day in the summer
->some regions on the earth have "days" full of nights or full of days (which would be impossible on a flat shape)
->different stars visible in the sky depending on in which region you are on the earth
->different pilots of high speed airships have traveled very fast in the air all around the earth and have never "fell" into empty space (if they would have reached a "border" of a flat shape)
->different captains of waterships have traveled in the oceans around the earth and have never "fell" into empty space...
and if i search i can probably find several others arguments...
(oh and usually the people who defends the flat earth arguments are religious creationists, who claim to KNOW what happened thousands of years ago, because it is written in an hebrew book (which has been modified several times by different popes at different times to reinforce their propaganda/agenda/power, very convincing...)

Flanker(Posted 2017) [#35]
@RemiD +1
I would add the Coriolis effect, that everyone can observe, it wouldn't happen on a flat Earth. Also, look for Eratosthenes on internet, he proved that Earth is a sphere 2200 years ago, and his experiment can be achieved by everyone today.

And something more personnal, my father worked 35 years in the french navy, sailing everywhere from north to south, on each ocean and all the open seas, sometimes performing a full circle around the Earth. Did he lied to me ? Maybe. What about the 250 other guys on the ship ? And what about the 50 other ships ? And what about the 100 other countries doing the same thing ? This makes a huge lie :D

RemiD(Posted 2017) [#36]
I have watched the video linked in post #23, and even if some arguments are intriguing (especially the explanation that things fall/rise depending on their density and not because of "gravity"), but some are just stupid, the sun is a spotlight ? Really ? You can observe an omnilight with every lightsource around you... Also try to weld metal using high voltage (arc welding) and you will see what a sun/star light most likely looks like and how the lighting/shading spreads. (not like a spotlight)

I personally do not believe/trust informations who come only from a few people and which can't be verified by many different people (like photos/videos taken far away from the earth), but you can verify all the things that i have said by yourself...

Neuro(Posted 2017) [#37]

Rick Nasher(Posted 2017) [#38]
Really? this is actually a discussion?? :-)

RemiD(Posted 2017) [#39]

Really? this is actually a discussion?

this is a never ending information war, many conspiracy theories are based partly on informations which are verifiable or believable and this is what make some of them convincing to some people, i have observed in comments on the web and in words in my local environment that some people just don't have the knowledge (verifiable) or the thinking skills to determine what is most likely true and what is most likely false, (also partly because to keep a good reputation or be accepted by a group, they just repeat and follow) so when i can answer some bs, i don't hesitate to spread some contradictions (and Flanker's argument is appreciated too imo)
You just have to do nothing for the extraordinary claims and arbitrariness and nonsense to progress...

zzz(Posted 2017) [#40]
@Flanker
Not to be that guy but isnt that just a proof of rotation? A hypothetical flat earth would still give rise to that effect as long as its rotating around a center point. Im not too keen on physics etc, so not sure if it would differ any way between a rotating sphere and plane..

I am however pretty sure that you cant in any way construct a physical flat earth model that has a general and consistent law of gravity.

Edit: @Naughty Alien
Sounds like a fata morgana (sp?) You get a lensing effect of sorts with layers of air with different temperature. Since you are near the equator you are stuck with consistent behaviour i guess. We have one around here (lighthouse far out at sea), but since im up north it breaks during colder seasons.

steve_ancell(Posted 2017) [#41]
Whether the world is a cube, disk shaped, square, or indeed shaped like a giant shalong; as long as I can live on it, I personally couldn't give a f***!

skidracer(Posted 2017) [#42]
It is the constellations that we create that matter.

A language barrier is significantly steeper than any geographical incline.

Thanks Steve for the self censoring, your efforts are appreciated:)

xlsior(Posted 2017) [#43]
It's turtles all the way down

Flanker(Posted 2017) [#44]
@zzz
You're right the coriolis effect is due to the rotation of the earth, and it can happen on a flat surface, but on earth the effect is inverted beetween northern and southern hemisphere, so it also proves that the earth is non flat.

steve_ancell(Posted 2017) [#45]
skidracer:
Thanks Steve for the self censoring, your efforts are appreciated:)

No worries fella, you're welcome. ;)

coffeedotbean(Posted 2017) [#46]
The problem with the 'flat earth' is that so many, so so so many people would have to be in on this conspiracy that it's preposterous. And ultimately for what gain?

I love me some outlandish conspiracies though, its what you-tube was made for.

Dan(Posted 2017) [#47]
Flat earth conspiracy ? Do you have a link to it ?

Here, there were thoughts (of my own), recently, about flat earth.
Not sure where they come from, but ill write them here for a record:

Flat VS Round earth:

The flat earth, or the flat perception of the earth would be like a plate, a neverending one, the Gain of this view would be obvious (when you are done reading the following:).

Of course, now-a-day's view of round earth is hardly not to believe, especially when there are all the Gizmo's flying over the earth, just to prove, that the earth is round.
The Gain of this view of earth lies , actually, in a loss, because by viewing it Round, you have only a limited space, where people can build their houses, and live.
If you like, you can follow these thoughts and imagine the Doomed ending.
Not only that the Space is limited, but see how the fear is leading in this view, by allowing all the wars to happen (read: who can not deny, that God is Creator of Perfection ??? ).

steve_ancell(Posted 2017) [#48]
Dan:
Flat earth conspiracy ? Do you have a link to it ?

Yep!
https://theflatearthsociety.org/home/

Bunch of cranks in my honest opinion!

xlsior(Posted 2017) [#49]
..is earth flat ?? I dont know

Good thing that the people who operate the global GPS satellite network know it isn't.

Matty(Posted 2017) [#50]
Nah xlsior - the gps signal is just a website somewhere in Florida that does a rectangular to spherical mapping of position - no satellites involved...in fact we've never even left the Earth - all history is really just a Jewish conspiracy dreamed up and the world is actually only in existence from 1983, everything that says otherwise is actually part of a global network of misinformation spread in an elaborate ruse to deceive us. Oh - you think you were born in the 70s..think again...you are actually just a machine whose consciousness was awakened last week to think you were born in the 70s...those memories of family and so on...just a memory image imprinted in your silicon brain to make you think you have a history.....

blergh conspiracy theories....

RemiD(Posted 2017) [#51]
Since it is possible to determine a position in 3d space precisely using several electromagnetic signals, you don't really need satellites to have a gps system, you only need to have enough antennas spread in a region to be able to receive enough signals to calculate your position. (i am not saying that satellites don't exist)

Azathoth(Posted 2017) [#52]
According to the flat earth theory the sun never sets but shrinks out of view. Another thing planets are really just discs of light and anyone who has seen a planet rotating through a telescope is a liar, at least to many flat earthers.

RemiD(Posted 2017) [#53]
Also how do you explain the variation of temperature depending on your position on the earth and depending on the seasons ?
Why is there less light intensity (not considering the reflections from the grounds/snow/ice) near the north pole and near the south pole ? and more light intensity near the equator ?

It seems that the flat earth proponents are just trying to make their holytexts/godarbitraryrules (modified several times, by different popes, many years after the events which supposedly happened) more credible...

MadJack(Posted 2017) [#54]
So what about Saturn's rings? I've observed them through a telescope and seen Jupiter's moons change position from night to night.

Dabhand(Posted 2017) [#55]
We do live on an infinite plane, so they are right a little bit! :D

Who knows what reality is really, I doubt we'll ever find out truely, never in my life time at least, so, I'll enjoy the Sun, the moon, the stars and of course, the nice things this big auld wet ball has to offer.

Because one day will come where I'll never see it ever again... Lifes to short to worry about what the cranks think!

Dabz

BlitzMan(Posted 2017) [#56]
I live on Mars so i dont give a steaming large one.Beware the humans with bug eyes.

loofadawg(Posted 2017) [#57]
More importantly,think about this:

Is Blitz3D really Blitz2D ?

We say,"There is a bug in the code."

Bugs are pest.

Rodents are a type of pest.

Rodents are on mars.

Mars is code.

The code to what though ?

Who coded mars ?

Hmmm... Mars.

MARS.

MAR S.

MAR(k) S(ibley)

Is Mark real ?

Are we part of BRL project ?

You know what.. forget it.
This is too far down the rabbit (rodent) hole for me.
I will let Eric Cartman close this out:

coffeedotbean(Posted 2017) [#58]

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2017) [#59]
Maybe hitchhiker's guide was right, that we're ruled by mice?

Dan(Posted 2017) [#60]
If your on pc and not using trackball nor touchpad nor touchscreen, then there is high chance that you are ruled by the Mouse !

skidracer(Posted 2017) [#61]
Those that do not observe regular cartesian aligned world view just end up going in circles. Of delusion.

The only alternative to flat is bent and I refuse to subscribe to that point of view.

Kryzon(Posted 2017) [#62]
Wow Dan, that's a poetic analogy.

also, why's this thread still going

zzz(Posted 2017) [#63]
You're right the coriolis effect is due to the rotation of the earth, and it can happen on a flat surface, but on earth the effect is inverted beetween northern and southern hemisphere, so it also proves that the earth is non flat.

Actually, wont you get a rise or fall effect for something going straight west or east? Think a gun bullet or something similar. So with a rifle it is actually possible to both prove the earth is round, prove it is rotating (and which way), and take your headings ;) Without having to move between hemispheres.

xlsior(Posted 2017) [#64]
Maybe hitchhiker's guide was right, that we're ruled by mice?

Those 'mice' were just protrusions of hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional beings into our plane of existence.

Duh.

col(Posted 2017) [#65]
Just one question to ask really

What would be the point of telling us the Earth is round if it's really flat?

Grisu(Posted 2017) [#66]
Are Mars Mice friendly? :)

col(Posted 2017) [#67]
Are Mars Mice friendly?

Not sure, but I heard they taste nice on toast.

xlsior(Posted 2017) [#68]
Are Mars Mice friendly? :)

Don't know, but they are known to form gangs: