Viva Amiga documentary.

Community Forums/Technical Discourse/Viva Amiga documentary.

Floyd(Posted 2016) [#1]
It's on Hulu now. I watched the first ten minutes and it looks promising. Most of the people are still alive. They were quite young in 1985.

coffeedotbean(Posted 2016) [#2]
I often wonder if Amiga would have killed Apple (around the time the iMAC was released) if C= did not screw it up so badly. and if we'd all be using the aPhone and aPad.

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#3]
At the time it killed any computer. The PC started to be bearable when SSD was invented.

I met some of the ( genuinely nice ) guys last year in Amsterdam. So cool to hear the stories.

dynaman(Posted 2016) [#4]
> I often wonder if Amiga would have killed Apple (around the time the iMAC was released)

Nope, Apple had Steve Jobs - who could put the Apple logo on a turd and people would buy it.

xlsior(Posted 2016) [#5]
Nope, Apple had Steve Jobs - who could put the Apple logo on a turd and people would buy it.

Just remember: you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

GregH(Posted 2016) [#6]
I don't think C= would have killed Apple but they sure cornered the broadcast video market, thanks to NewTek. How C= didn't realize what they had still amazes me. I still have my original A1000, A500, and A3000 with all accessories including Genlocks. My A1000 is what got me started with BlitzBasic. I was seriously thinking of becoming a regional distributor for BlitzBasic and had been speaking with Mark but life happened. I still have all of my original Blitz newsletters.

I remember back in 92 or 93? When C= seemingly abandoned the broadcast video market, 'which at the time they owned', then deciding they needed to compete with Sega and Nintendo by launching a new game system. Anyone remember Babylon 5, Sea Quest DSV, etc.? All rendered on Amiga's.

What the H was C= thinking? I guess, how to snatch defeat from the hands of victory.

Well, at least Kiki of Newtek / Play fame still has a gig with Warp11 and Karl Miller.

Greg