CYOA BlitzMax games

Community Forums/Showcase/CYOA BlitzMax games

DavidF(Posted 2013) [#1]
I created three games with BlitzMax. They are along the lines of Choose Your Own Adventures with a GUI. These are simple games and not intended to be complex.

"Werewolves and Wanderer" is based upon a game of the same title as written by Tim Hartnell. It is from his book, "Creating Adventure Games on Your Computer," written in 1983. The text adventure game was originally programmed in BASIC, and the book is available online at atariarchives.org. Although this game is based upon Tim Hartnell's book, alterations to the game, including a new Graphic User Interface, have been made along with some bug fixes that were discovered. Windows and Linux versions.

"The Package" is an exercise in solving a puzzle, one where the cost of failure is your life, and the prize for success the saving of many others. If you choose to attempt this exercise you must accept that you will not be successful at the first try. Your adversary cannot allow you to succeed and to this end he has devised the puzzle that will soon confront you. Write down or remember everything you do, keep a record of how many times you attempt this challenge and record each failure, for only by doing this will you find your way through. Windows and Linux versions.

"Jevhy: Discovery at the Mountain Cliff" story background: In your short quest of discovery, it seems that you have become trapped. After seeing a neat little cottage from a mountain side above, you had decided to get a closer look. So you descended the side of the mountain towards the house below. At the base of the mountain you carefully slid down a fairly steep slope. You landed in the yard, which is on the south side of the cottage. Once you were in the yard, you realized you were unable to crawl up the slope from which you slid down. And so, your graphical adventure begins... Windows and Linux versions.

Games are available at http://www.whitesaber.com. Comments are welcome and appreciated.

David

Chroma(Posted 2013) [#2]
DavidF, I'm interested in your CYOA stuff because I have a similiar side project going on atm. I've got a writer and artist willing to work for pay from sales. Let me know if you would be interested in collaborating or possible authoring one of our products. We like to stick with fantasy type dungeons and dragons themed stories. Check out the Endless Quest D&D series if you get time.

GaryV(Posted 2013) [#3]
Well-done, DavidF. I like these. I am working on something similar myself. These were quite enjoyable.

DavidF(Posted 2013) [#4]
GaryV, thanks for the feedback and glad they are enjoyable.

Chroma, do feel free to contact me. My email address is at the bottom of my website or you can use my online contact form at http://whitesaber.com/store/contact_us.php

Sorry for the delayed reply. I've been busy.