Holiday Bonus GOLD for PC/Mac/iPad/Android

Community Forums/Showcase/Holiday Bonus GOLD for PC/Mac/iPad/Android

Grey Alien(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi all, I've released my latest game: http://www.greyaliengames.com/holidaybonusgold/

It's not really a new game, it's the old game with double the levels (110 total now). Also it has widescreen support and the ability to turn off the custom mouse pointer, plus some other technical enhancements. The iPad and Android versions also have sharper graphics.

Please check it out and tell your friends and family. This is a very popular game this time of year with casual game players (old and young alike)

The PC/Mac versions are BlitzMax and the iPad/Android versions are Unity (ported by Damien Sturdy, a Blitz user)

Last edited 2012

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2012) [#2]
This is a relaxing and enjoyable and surprisingly addictive game, I recommend it.

Last edited 2012

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2012) [#3]
Hey, looks like you're #2 on iWin in their match3 section http://www.iwin.com/categories/games/puzzle/match3

Grey Alien(Posted 2012) [#4]
Cool. And no.4 in their top 10. Shame they released it the day after a Jewel Quest double bundle! (That game actually is the main inspiration for my match-3s because you remove tiles in it whereas you just make matches in bejewelled)

GaryV(Posted 2012) [#5]
Any chance of this getting in the Kindle store?

Steve Elliott(Posted 2012) [#6]

This is a relaxing and enjoyable and surprisingly addictive game, I recommend it.

Yes, my favourite game of yours Jake.

Grey Alien(Posted 2012) [#7]
Hi GaryV: We tried to get a Kindle version made but it had a stability issue on the Kindle so I couldn't ship it. It seems like some kind of Unity/Kindle compatibility issue as the Android and iPad versions ran find :-(

@Steve Elliott: Thanks!

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2012) [#8]
hello, looks like today you're #1 on iWin in their match3 section http://www.iwin.com/categories/games/puzzle/match3

Congratulations Grey Alien!

Chalky(Posted 2012) [#9]
Is this essentially Xmas Bonus? Loved that game - still play it through every December.

@Grey - shouldn't your site include VAT in the pound sterling price?

Chalky(Posted 2012) [#10]
Very, very slick. Congratulations!

RemiD(Posted 2012) [#11]
Congrats Grey Alien ! :)

Can you explain why there is no demo version on your website ?

Oh, i see there is a demo version on the website "iwin.com".

I think a demo version with a time limit or with only a few levels available is a good way to convert more interested persons into buyers (or maybe not, it depends on the gameplay)

I will download the demo version on iwin.com because i can't find a demo on the page you mentionned on your first post.

Ok thanks.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2012) [#12]
Jake, on your website page beneath the customer comments I get (in Safari on Windows) a strip of several broken/unloaded image icons?

Grey Alien(Posted 2012) [#13]
Is this essentially Xmas Bonus? Loved that game - still play it through every December.

@Grey - shouldn't your site include VAT in the pound sterling price?

It's XMas Bonus but with better graphics (pieces, backgrounds, menus), sounds, music, particles/effects. I remember you liked that old game cool! And yes I probably should include VAT in the listed price.

Can you explain why there is no demo version on your website ?
Yes I couldn't be arsed. It's quite a lot of hassle to make one and I just wanted to get it out quickly and get on with other projects especially as my site doesn't make many sales. I used to do it with my other games, maybe I'll get round to it with this at some point.

@ImaginaryHuman: Ah thanks I know what that is, I copied the page from another and the image paths are wrong for a bunch of shareware awards. They are meaningless anyway so I'll remove.

Andy_A(Posted 2012) [#14]
Congrats! Your Number 1 on iWin site.

Grey Alien(Posted 2012) [#15]
Thanks. Was no.2 in the main chart for a little while too.