low quality rpg

Community Forums/Showcase/low quality rpg

grindalf(Posted 2012) [#1]

Heres something I threw together yesterday.

Trying to kinda get a gameboy look but in 3D, except Im not limiting myself to the gameboy color palete, just the blocky style.
still gotta add in some trees yet but Im to lazy to model them

Like most of my projects I will probably just get bored of it in a few days and move onto something else

Last edited 2012

GaryV(Posted 2012) [#2]
This looks really good. I like the style a lot.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2012) [#3]
Nice one and did you made in Blitz 3D? :)

grindalf(Posted 2012) [#4]
yes its blitz3D, models done in deled.
The idea was that this style would cut down the graphical workload enough that I might actually finish a game :P

RemiD(Posted 2012) [#5]
Hey Grindalf, :)

I have seen your other project "Darkened Worlds" and i was hoping to try it one day, this project has similar graphics as i can see, i like the simplicity of the graphics and a palette with only 3 different colors per material. I do the same due to my impatience and uninspiration to create textures :P

Is there a way you can post a WIP demo of "Darkened Worlds" here or at my email address ? I'm curious to see what you have done.

Thanks

grindalf(Posted 2012) [#6]
Hi RemiD
Im honered that you remember me.
This is a screen of the latest version of Darkened Worlds

Last edited 2012

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#7]
I really like the style.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2012) [#8]
I love your graphics style....Impressive :)

How did you make clouds effect?

RemiD(Posted 2012) [#9]
Grindalf>>Nice render, i like it.

You have a really good start here, why not focus on finishing a small demo ?

Last edited 2012

grindalf(Posted 2012) [#10]
to much work on art and less on programming, thats why Ive started this low quality graphics rpg so that I can actually spend less time in paint and blender/deled and more time in blitz

Hotshot2005(Posted 2012) [#11]
it is better to do small demo that knowing you can finished it before you go on bigger and better things :)

B(Posted 2012) [#12]
Im looking forward to a demo, keeping my fingers crossed that you will release one. This game looks really cool! I love the idea.

grindalf(Posted 2012) [#13]
thing is Ive stopped working on Darkened worlds and am working on this low graphical rpg(which is coming along fast) I will restart darkened worlds at a later date.

Dabhand(Posted 2012) [#14]
I like graphics like that, colourful and uncomplicated, sharp, nice on the eye! :)

Nice work

Dabz

JonnyEnglish(Posted 2012) [#15]
I like the style. Looks so retro yet so ...erm..3D!

Smurfpuss(Posted 2013) [#16]
i do think u shoulde change looks on the trees and sky to more match the game style right now it fells like the sky and the trees are from 2 diffrent games what file format u use for the modells and whats the poly count u whant to have on them

SystemError51(Posted 2013) [#17]
Actually... this looks pretty impressive and very promising. I would actually get that and have a go at it... I loved the RPGs on GameBoy and Super Nintendo. Combined with a touch of 3D, this could be quite something. Keep at it!

Kryzon(Posted 2013) [#18]
I like the style. Looks so retro yet so ...erm..3D!

I think "retro quality RPG" might even be a better name than "low quality RPG".
I mean, this art style looks great - so it isn't low quality, just retro-looking. x)

Imperium(Posted 2013) [#19]
My thought exactly Kryzon.
Reminds me of something you might see on a N64 or even the Wii.