Luna!

Community Forums/Showcase/Luna!

B(Posted 2012) [#1]

DOWNLOAD LUNA 0.2.5

Hey guys I am working on my newest side scrolling game.

Check it out on my website via the link in my sig.

Lemme know what you think, and any possible improvements it could use.

No mac version yet, maybe when i develop it more.

Enjoy!

EDIT:
I have screenshots available on my website.
And here is a link for all that have sigs disabled.

o.O Luna by Mister B O.o

SCREENSHOTS:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

*(Posted 2012) [#2]
The first thing anyone always asks is 'screenshots please' ;)

Derron(Posted 2012) [#3]
quote from your website:

These are the games I have created, some are pretty awesome and some are AWESOME!

some ... some ... shouldn't some be more than one (equals to 1 ) ?

bye
Ron

GaryV(Posted 2012) [#4]
Check it out on my website via the link in my sig.
I would check out your site, but since you refuse to provide a link, it makes it rather difficult to do so. You also never bothered to put your site URL in your user profile, not that I would normally check there for it.

Many here have signatures disabled because of the continual violations of the rules regarding the size of things in a signature and BRL's refusal to do anything about those violating the rules. If you expect people to check something for you, you do need to provide the link. Otherwise you are wasting your time and the time of others.

B(Posted 2012) [#5]
Hey guys. I edited my first post to include a link and some screenies.
Sorry I didn't mean to upset anyone.

Gary your words and tone were unnecessary.
I nowhere indicated my refusal to post a link.
If you would have had me post a link you could have just said you have sigs disabled.

Don't go to my website if your that frustrated.

B

Last edited 2012

Bjørn(Posted 2012) [#6]
I think Luna looks pretty cool.
Haven't tried it yet, but I will.
I for one had no problems finding your website or navigating it.

GaryV(Posted 2012) [#7]
I nowhere indicated my refusal to post a link.
Your unwillingness to provide one was your refusal. I have no control over your actions.

It is a shame you were trying to hide this, it looks like an excellent game and in the style I love. However, I will respect your wishes and not go to your site to download it. So from the screenshots only, all I can say is an awesome job! Looks very good.

B(Posted 2012) [#8]
_

Last edited 2012

B(Posted 2012) [#9]
@Bjorn
Thanks! Can't wait for you to try it out.

@Gary
Oh my God Gary drop the act. You are ridiculous.

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#10]
Oh my God Gary drop the act. You are ridiculous.

I know that feeling from somewhere... ;)

DRH(Posted 2012) [#11]
The art is a very cool simplistic style , I'm reminded of the joke about programmer art, but I get the feeling you chose this art style so I applaud your work. I haven't played it yet but If I get the chance I'll let you know what I think.

B(Posted 2012) [#12]
@Captain
I'm not sure what you mean. I'm assuming its something derogatory about me. Hope it's not tho.
Thanks for being the first to check out my site tho. :)

@DRH
Thanks! Ya I chose the art style. I made the graphics by scaling everything up by 400%. I'm thinking of making an alternative graphics pack that is actually higher res. the everything looks 8x8 but its actually 32x32. So there is room for better quality.
I've been programming on and off for a while now.
This is my best game by far, so that's not saying too much.
Looking forward to hearing what you have to say about it.
I made all the music as well.

Thanks again for the positive remarks! :)

B

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#13]
Hope it's not tho

Nah. I have had my share of bickering with the blitzers in the past. No harm meant. :)

I am looking forward to all of your game efforts. Luna is great! :D
@B: is there a way to get more bullets? I keep running out of them.

GaryV(Posted 2012) [#14]
I'm thinking of making an alternative graphics pack that is actually higher res. the everything looks 8x8 but its actually 32x32. So there is room for better quality.
FWIW, I would keep it and not offer an alternative. The retro style looks great.

B(Posted 2012) [#15]
@Captain
I know what you mean. Lol. Lots of bickering has been done on the forums.
And yes I plan to add a whole system of upgrading your weapon and your character in your base.
So you can upgrade how much a magazine holds, and new weapons that fire faster or do more damage. What kinda of guns would you like to see in the game?

@Gary
That sounds good to me. I like the low res look too. And that would be a lot of work making a new graphics pack. Haha. Glad you like it! :)

GaryV(Posted 2012) [#16]
@B I am judging only on the screenshots. 90% of the time what I praise here on the forums has the retro style to it (which is what I love).

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#17]
B should look into DS homebrew (opinion only). This would make an excellent NDS game when finished.
What kinda of guns would you like to see in the game?

hmm... More bullets would be lovely. Have you considered a machine gun type thing? Something like in this game would be sweet. btw, Are you writing this game in BMax or regular BB?

B(Posted 2012) [#18]
I have thought about doing something in homebrew, ive just never got around to actually sitting down and learning it. I agree that this game would be pretty cool on a DS.

Im coding this game in BMax. Its all I have apart from DarkBASIC and C++.
Its my favorite language to code in tho. It makes things so much easier and is very media friendly.

Im working on adding an upgrade system to your weapon, so you can spend the coins you collect on making it reload faster, fire faster, and hold more shots per magazine. I will also be making it easier to acquire more coins.

Since you are the only one that I think has played my game Captain, did you know that there are 3 screens to the left that you can go to? And you can spend your coins on more mags at the outpost on the second screen to the left?
I haven't really added much documentation on how to actually play the game, so just wondering if you figured out all that naturally.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#19]
did you know that there are 3 screens to the left that you can go to? And you can spend your coins on more mags at the outpost on the second screen to the left?

I didn't know that. Will have to try it! :D
Yes, I figured out the controls very quickly/easily. Space is to fire and arrow keys are to move. :)

Last edited 2012

B(Posted 2012) [#20]
New update out!

Hey guys, I just put up a new update for my game.

Version 0.2.5 -
New upgrading system at your base. (Press E at base to use)
Now you can upgrade your weapon, your player, and your base.
You will need to upgrade your base later in development to get off the planet.
Right now tho, it only upgrades its health.
Also there is no longer a level cap, it can go up to level 100 before it
crashes, but im pretty sure no one will get that high.
Your lazers will change colors depending on your level, and you can finally
see the interior of your ship. Im pretty sure it runs on DOS. Haha.

Here is a direct link to download the latest version, if you guys arent
looking at my website.

DOWNLOAD LUNA 0.2.5

Looking forward to any feedback.