Rameses SubSelection editor

Community Forums/Showcase/Rameses SubSelection editor

AdamStrange(Posted 2012) [#1]
Here is a tech preview of automatic selection range.

When you select a vertex you get a yellow box showing it is selected. by using the selection range, you can extend this selection with the results decaying away.

example 1.
We have a 10x10 mesh object and select four vertexes.
Using the slider we select a range of 4, the model shows the weights of the extended selection.
Now when we move the four vertexes up, we get and eased in hill instead of the four selected vertexes.

example 2.
we see a four-sided barrel object and select the middle vertexes.
The weighted vertexes are shown changing in colour from Yellow to red to black () this shows how much the modify will affect them.
We use a pinch modifier and get.. well you can see what you get...

example 3
Back to the mech again and select four vertexes. (The green circle is showing the rotate modifier is operational)
Using the noise modifier we add some noise
And we've now got some instant mountains I suppose

The three opengl views show different coloured background fades. I've put four of the most common into the program.

--------------

I've also completed the load/save routines so that models can be loaded/saved plus compound models (models that are made from other models. E.G. a tree could be a trunk and single leaf, with the leaves being references, rotated etc)

I've also added undo (only one deep though), different opengl backgrounds, gl grid options and gl fill modes.

I'm currently sorting out some webspace issues and hope to have something for download soon.

col(Posted 2012) [#2]
This is looking good and coming along very well!

AdamStrange(Posted 2012) [#3]
thanks, still lots to do, but coming along now :)

there's a download for it at long last

http://www.visualjockey.com/demos/Rameses.app.zip

mac/osx only