Nigel - a Slender parody

Community Forums/Showcase/Nigel - a Slender parody

Catfood(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hello Blitz3D people. I was a Blitz Basic user back in the days of the Amiga 600, and I decided to return to Blitz when I wanted to write a parody version of "Slender", the indie-game hit you've surely heard about.

In order to make it even more terrifying, I'm combining this with one of my other passtimes - making Nigel Thornberry appear in GIFs ( http://smashingthornberrygifs.tumblr.com/ ) - and replacing the Slenderman with Nigel.

Obviously, this is not intended to be high art and I need to get it done pretty quick while Slender is still fresh in everyone's minds!

To help me make it, I'm using Particle Candy and CSP's "Simple Tree Creator" has also been invaluable - the forest is randomly generated every game.

The hardest part is definitely making a Nigel model - I'm very much a beginner at modelling but hopefully he'll only be glimpsed most of the time so any shortcomings there won't be too noticeable ;-)

Hoping to have it ready in a couple of weeks at most. Nice to be here!

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

Catfood(Posted 2012) [#2]

Last edited 2012

JustLuke(Posted 2012) [#3]
Who on earth is "Nigel Thornbury"? Good luck with the project.

Taron(Posted 2012) [#4]
And there I was, thinking I knew what planet I'm on. Maybe this is a message from the future, or I just woke up out of a coma, who knows?! But it all sounds very important and popular. :o}

I'd say, too: Good luck with the project. Looks fun!

GaryV(Posted 2012) [#5]
Who on earth is "Nigel Thornbury"?
A character from the cartoon series The Wild Thornberrys. The character is voiced by Tim Curry. I only know this because I have to watch it when my granddaughter is over.

Taron(Posted 2012) [#6]
LOL, Now Tim Curry I know and that explains for why this would be such memorable character. Thanks! 8)

Blitzplotter(Posted 2012) [#7]
Good luck with your project Catfood, looking good already!

Catfood(Posted 2012) [#8]
Thanks everyone, I'm happy with it so far. It's great fun to be programming again after a long, long break - especially this kind of nonsense. ;-)