Beta Testers Wanted! (Screensaver)

Community Forums/Showcase/Beta Testers Wanted! (Screensaver)

mk2y10(Posted 2012) [#1]
LED Dancer Screensaver (V 1.0.0)

Hello everyone in the blitz community! I am at my random programming hobby again, but this time I am looking to actually complete a project. So, I come to you today to ask if you would like to beta test a screensaver I just finalized to version 1. It uses only Windows native commands, so there is no '.dll' to go with it, just the '.scr' file, and it also has a smart GFX and auto-configuration ability (More info on that below.) It is simple to use, easy to view, and it is free for use forever to all who want to test it. (It is a demo, but that is because I have not made a full featured version yet.) Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, you can move the post if you wish. :)

About:

This screen saver is a collection of LED lights that create complex patterns and designs that are as addicting as they are colorful. There are 10 modes for color, 10 modes for movement, and 10 special effects applied to that, giving you a total of 1000 possible patterns and designs.

Statistics:
-Uses Windows native commands so there is only one file, the screensaver.

-Allows for quick installation. Just download, right click, and install!

-Displays in the preview monitor while choosing a screen saver.

-Smart GFX finds the best resolution for your monitor, then adjusts all screen saver actions and detail.

-Auto-Config keeps track of the FPS and changes the detail as it runs, keeping it at the highest detail your PC can handle without killing frame rate. (Takes about a minuet to adjust.)

Specifications:
-Windows XP or later (SP 3 Recommended)
-3D graphics support via DirectX 7 or higher
-3D support for in gadget display (windowed mode)
-At least 32 bit support

Note: This screensaver supports all monitor sizes, but will pick the maximum size for that monitor. If you are running the desktop lower than your monitor's maximum resolution, you may experience a pause when the screensaver both starts and ends.

Downloads:

I'm not sure if it is ok to post links to downloads (if not, feel free to break the links,) and I am not proud to have it link to rapidshare, so if you know any other sites that will allow you to host files for free, please drop a line. Thanks! :)

LED Dancer Screensaver (LED Dancer.scr)
ReadMe (ReadMe.txt)

Please post any feedback here, or if you wish, feel free to message me! Thanks for helping me out guys, and feel free to keep it, share it, or delete it!

Last edited 2012

OldNESJunkie(Posted 2012) [#2]
Tried to d/l it, but getting an error:

Download not available
The following download is not available:
https://rapidshare.com/files/1852208102/LED%20Dancer.scr | 1.35 MB
Download parameters invalid - please try again later.

SystemError51(Posted 2012) [#3]
Installed it on my machine, pretty nice :) Me likez a lot! I couldn't find any problems with it, I think it's safe to use.

mk2y10(Posted 2012) [#4]
Thanks SystemError51, I hope you like it! :)

I am planning on posting the Blitz3D code I just finished to make screen savers easy, making sure it works on more than just the computers I have a t home is very helpful! I call the components Cheesecake and Almond.

OldNESJunkie, this is why I hate rapidshare, people have told me it is unreliable, and from what I seen, it is complex to use for those who just want to hope in and download. I will check in to it, but it seems to be working fine on my end.

Last edited 2012

OldNESJunkie(Posted 2012) [#5]
Well, it appears the issue wasn't Rapidshare at all, but the Bluecoat proxy servers we use at work. Anyways, just d/l it & installed/tested it, pretty cool. I like it a lot.

Regular K(Posted 2012) [#6]
Tested it too. It looks cool. If I used screensavers I'd use that :p

Only problem I had was the resolution didn't default to my desktop or monitors optimal resolution.

mk2y10(Posted 2012) [#7]
Yea, I found it only goes to max desktop res, but I made an api for screen savers that allows it to use default desktop size and not Blitz3D's 'full screen.' I think it takes to long to return to the desktop.

OldNESJunkie(Posted 2013) [#8]
Any updates to this one? Been awhile, figured I would ask.