Ignition for BlitzMax v1.9 available!

Community Forums/Showcase/Ignition for BlitzMax v1.9 available!

Playniax(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi,

It's been a while but here is an update for the Ignition framework for BlitzMax.

The framework has a lot of internal improvements. The goal was to make it easier to port between the monkey and max version. It has a monkey style App class, in-game system GUI that supports a pause, continue and quit button. Also better templates and easier use of the general purpose interface.

We have renamed the product to Ignition Max. Reason for this is the upcoming release of Ignition for monkey.

The tile editor can now export data to be used by ignition for monkey.

Have a look at this Windows demo (template), it has a screenmode interface, game interface, and system GUI.

For more information visit Playniax

Last edited 2012

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2012) [#2]
Cool man ;-)

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#3]
Ill save up and think about giving it a whirl soon. ;-)

Playniax(Posted 2012) [#4]
Version 1.0 for Monkey is now available!

And a game showcasing the framework:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr36fKmC0BA&feature

Music by Reyn Ouwehand!

We made this game in 2 months start to finish!

Visit http://www.playniax.com for more information!

Last edited 2012

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#5]
I have both the Monkey and Max version of this and I can highly recommend it. Easy to use with lots of great tutorials!

matibee(Posted 2012) [#6]
Great stuff. How tight are the monkey/max interfaces? Are they at the point where the Blitzmax target for monkey could potentially be used to talk to the max framework?

Now that's a very interesting prospect :)

Dwapook(Posted 2012) [#7]
Awesome! Will you be sending the updated version to current ignition max users?

Playniax(Posted 2012) [#8]
yes.

You did not get it?

Dwapook(Posted 2012) [#9]
oh!
I found it, was in my spam box.. and was somehow being excluded from my email searches (which is how I usually find things that might make it to my spam).. thanks!

Hotshot2005(Posted 2012) [#10]
The Update is great but one problem thought...

Everythings is working fine apart from Gravity Zone, got Error saying "ITEngine not found"

Playniax(Posted 2012) [#11]
You probably loaded gravity zone.bmx in your IDE but you must load start.bmx and press F5

Otherwise reinstall the modules, should work fine.

Playniax(Posted 2012) [#12]
@Dwapook:

I am working on a membership login so I don't need to use email to send links for updates.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2012) [#13]
thanks Playniax and work fine now :)

popcade(Posted 2012) [#14]
@Playniax

I didn't find related mail in my inbox, my mail is yoxola@......, please check it, thanks!

Playniax(Posted 2012) [#15]
Just send you an email...

Ravl(Posted 2012) [#16]
Playniax, just sent you an email... hope is not in your spam folder :D

mail starts with: rgogescu@..

Last edited 2012

Ravl(Posted 2012) [#17]
well, if i would sell a product I would try to respond to emails in less than 48 hours... waiting for a more professional support before buying anything from you.

Playniax(Posted 2012) [#18]
Hi,

It was in my spam folder :(

Thanks!

I will answer you now :)

Last edited 2012

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#19]
Ravl,

I have been dealing with Tony for awhile and I can tell you that he is generally very quick with responses. I just didn't want anyone to think that is typical. And no, I am not a paid spokesperson, I bought both version fair and square :)

Ravl(Posted 2012) [#20]
@Why0Why:
i received his email. hope from now on there will be no problems...

i also have a small business and i know what means to receive clients emails in the spam folder :D ... that's why i always check it.

@playniax: thanks ;)

Playniax(Posted 2012) [#21]
Thanks Why0Why.

People may think I paid you when you say your not beeing paid :)

Last edited 2012

Playniax(Posted 2012) [#22]
Hi,

Ignition V1.1 for Monkey is now available.

All gui objects can now be attached to the system gui. This means besides the default pause, continue and quit button you can add for example volume sliders. An example is included : http://www.playniax.com/demos/slider/html5/demo.html

And:

Modules:

strings.monkey - Added iCountLines and iFindLine commands (count lines or find position of a string in a text file)

config.monkey - Added CountLines and FindLine commands added to iConfig class (count lines or find position of a string in a config file).

engine.monkey - All gui objects can now be attached to the system gui. Skin files AutoX and AutoY bug fix. ResetPositions, Percentages, AutoX and AutoY can now position gui objects relative to another gui object. Renamed VMouse and VTouch of the iPlayfield, iLayerObject and iGuiObject class to Mouse and Touch.

Bananas:

Added new tile example (example 5) that shows how to add and remove tiles to or from a map.
Added new system gui example (example 3) that shows how to add extra gui objects to the system gui.

Last edited 2012

Blitzplotter(Posted 2012) [#23]
Looking good, will have a chance to play with monkey soon - looking forward to trying out your ignition

Playniax(Posted 2012) [#24]
Hi,

Ignition for Monkey V1.2 is now available.

Modules:

* highscore.monkey *

- Added the Count method that returns the numer of entries.
- You can now create multiple highscore tables.

* gfx.monkey *

- Added iGrabSprite for grabbing a sprite from a sprite sheet.
- Added experimental support for texturepacker http://www.codeandweb.com/texturepacker

* sprite.monkey *

- Added Fps method to iSprite.

* engine.monkey *

- Added Fps method to iLayerSprite.
- Added vertical slider.

* font.monkey *

- Added DrawItalic method.

Bananas:

- Added more sprite animation examples like how to make animation sequences and how to use texturepacker sheets.
- Vertical slider.
- Multiple high score tables.

Tools:

- Improved bitmap font converter. Can handle other folders besides the default windows font directory.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2012) [#25]
Added more sprite animation examples like how to make animation sequences and how to use texturepacker sheets.

3 weeks left until I can play - your sprite animation sequences is of particular interest!

Hotshot2005(Posted 2013) [#26]
I have BlitzMax v1.9 and are there anymore updated?

Playniax(Posted 2013) [#27]
No, coming soon...

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2013) [#28]
How does your framework compare to DWLab (blitzmax)?

Hotshot2005(Posted 2015) [#29]
Had been updated for final time?

Dwapook(Posted 2016) [#30]
The last one I know of was v2.01.. o.o;