Dragoncraft Sourcecode

Community Forums/Showcase/Dragoncraft Sourcecode

Kittomer(Posted 2012) [#1]

Well... I hadn't had time to work on Dragoncraft, but I did come to some conclusions.

I feel that I want to use a different engine for the game that Dragoncraft is meant to be. Something more conventional and detailed, better suited for story telling and graphical design experiments.

And since I don't have the slightest clue what else to do or the desire to do anything else with this engine, have the code for it. I'm releasing it under an MIT license, so all I really want is some sort of mention. Use it, make a game, sell it, whatever. :)

It is sort of... not at all documented or commented, so yeah, and it's a big mess, seeing as I pretty much started writing this when I had no clue what I'm doing, so... good luck. ;)

It's made with blide, so you might want to use that to open it.

Get it here!

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

Floyd(Posted 2012) [#2]
This should be interesting, although other people's code can be very hard to understand.

I hadn't had time to work on Dragoncraft, but I did come to some conclusions

At a glance I thought you stopped because you had some concussions! Luckily that was wrong. Concussions are big news at the moment because of retired players suing the National Football League.

Kittomer(Posted 2012) [#3]
Ahhh, yeah, concussions would have been a lot worse. XD

And yeah, I know, but giving it away is better than brooding on top of it like a grumpy dragon, so yeah. :)

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#4]
It is great that you are doing this. I never understood the desire to hoard unfinished code that might help someone else out.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2012) [#5]
I think you should be congratulated on this project, and I'm sure you learnt a lot. Thanks for sharing code too.

Kittomer(Posted 2012) [#6]
Thanks, I guess it would be better if I managed to finish it, but I think I will like it more if use a more traditional engine. :)

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#7]
OpenGL or MiniB3D?

Kittomer(Posted 2012) [#8]
It's using MiniB3D.

Although I forgot to mention that you'll have to make changes to your MiniB3D module to make the non-blurry textures work.

You'll have to change the filtering flags in the TTexture.bmx, if I remember right. Might upload the changed file if I remember.

Pineapple(Posted 2012) [#9]
Thank you for sharing this!