Concept Engine - Sample Game

Community Forums/Showcase/Concept Engine - Sample Game

Nack(Posted 2012) [#1]
Concept Engine (WIP name)

I have been developing a fully moddable 2.5D engine for the past couple years. The idea behind Concept (working title) is to create a generic, modular based game engine with ability to create new game types via "gamekits". Currently a RPG gamekit is developed along side and serve as a test bed to test the limits of Concept.

Today, I am releasing a sample game developed using Concept with the RPG gamekit and hopefully check out the feedback from the community. The sample game outlines many elements of a typical "RPG" game with the except of a battle engine. (The battle engine has been taken out as there are still small bugs to thin out in the script so it will be added back later)

Link to download: Dropbox Link

Controls
- Esc : Call up menu (currently doesn't do much, but you can see how one can script menu)
- Numpad Arrows : Movement (including diagonal arrows 7, 9, 1, 3)
- Numpad Enter : Accept
- F1 : Exit

*I apologize for the people who has no NUMPAD, a NUMPAD must be used for this demo. (Controls are fully changeable, but not for this version.)

Here are some screenshot of the battle engine that was removed from the demo to show the potential.

Feel free to follow my development at my blog: http://conceptnack.blogspot.ca/

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#2]
absolutely fascinating! 8)

BladeRunner(Posted 2012) [#3]
Get a virus warning by avira here.
:/

Nack(Posted 2012) [#4]
@Captain: Thanks!

I scanned it with Microsoft Essential and come back with nothing. Perhaps its a false positive? Anyone else experiencing virus warning?

Last edited 2012

BladeRunner(Posted 2012) [#5]
Think of a false positive too. will try it in sandbox tonite.

BladeRunner(Posted 2012) [#6]
ok, tried to run it but no luck, stll: missing userlib error on one machine, unable to set graphics mode on the other.

JustLuke(Posted 2012) [#7]
This looks wonderful. Good work!

RemiD(Posted 2012) [#8]
I really like your video about the lighting.
Here :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB0Rh0ygelA

Nice :)