Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk1WMFPVkEU

Get it here
http://www.indievania.com/games/micro-sprint

Cheers
Stevie

skidracer(Posted 2012) [#2]
Nice work Stevie!

Micro Sprint is a one switch, top-down, single screen racer. It looks like Super Sprint and plays like Scalextric, without the hastle of putting your car back on the track every 2 minutes!

hastle -> hassle

switch -> button ?

Stevie G(Posted 2012) [#3]
Cheers Skid. Now fixed ...

Steve Elliott(Posted 2012) [#4]
Congrats!

OldNESJunkie(Posted 2012) [#5]
YAY,

will pick this up on payday next Saturday !!!!!

Now, how about your "other" longtime project, erm, Poly....something...

Last edited 2012

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#6]
Awesome!!!

Stevie G(Posted 2012) [#7]
@ OSJ, I've been working on you know what for the last 3-4 days. I'm surpirsed at how close I was to completing it before I took a wee break. I won't make the mistake of putting timescales on it but here's a couple of teasers..

[Removed as O/T]

Last edited 2012

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#8]
that looks fun :)

Blitzplotter(Posted 2012) [#9]
Congrats on the release Stevie

Armitage 1982(Posted 2012) [#10]
Waw this game looks great Stevie!

I remember having fun while testing your 3D engine.
Hope it will work for you :) Love that style, really.

Armitage 1982(Posted 2012) [#11]
Is there any level editor ?

Stevie G(Posted 2012) [#12]
For Microsprint? There is but it's not user friendly, although enough to allow me to build a new track in 5 mins. I may consider tidying it up and releasing it if I get enough interest.

Last edited 2012

OldNESJunkie(Posted 2012) [#13]
+1 for releasing track editor

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2012) [#14]
That looks awesome. I miss games like this and indyheat.

Xerra(Posted 2012) [#15]
Demo version will give me a memory access violation when i switch to the full screen option and jump back to the main options screen. It also does this as soon as the cars slow to a halt at the end of a race.

I have an Nvidia Gforce 9800GT if that's any help. Also running XP serv pack 3. Any other info you need to trace problem?

Stevie G(Posted 2012) [#16]

Demo version will give me a memory access violation when i switch to the full screen option and jump back to the main options screen. It also does this as soon as the cars slow to a halt at the end of a race.

I have an Nvidia Gforce 9800GT if that's any help. Also running XP serv pack 3. Any other info you need to trace problem?

When you return exit the options for the first time, an options.ini file will be created in the Data/Config folder. Also, when you play for the first time, the Lap record will be broken (it's initialised at 59.99) so at the end of the race, a record.dat file will be created in the Data/Records directory.

I can only assume that something in your setup is not allowing the app to write to these directories, hence the error. I have XP and sp3 and cannot recreate this. I assume you are extracting the full game and not running directly from the zip file?

Has anyone seen this before or can suggest a solution?

Cheers
Stevie

Stevie G(Posted 2013) [#17]
Micro sprint is now free. Go on, give it a go and let me know what you think.

http://www.indievania.com/games/micro-sprint

LineOf7s(Posted 2013) [#18]
This was an absolute steal at $2.50 a couple of months ago, so now no-one's got any excuse.

And to Stevie's credit, it's not necessarily free - it's switched to Pay What You Want, so if you get any joy out of the game at all (it's surprisingly skillful and takes some practice to get better) then I highly recommend tossing him a few bucks in appreciation.