Micropolis with Amiga Simcity Classic Graphics

Community Forums/Showcase/Micropolis with Amiga Simcity Classic Graphics

BlitzProg(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hey there! I discovered Micropolis about 3 days ago (OpenSource version of SimCity Classic), It was my favourite game when I was young so I decided to port it to BlitzMax using the Amiga Tileset.

It's only a start and many features aren't yet implemented but it's already starting to look nice so i decided i'd share some screenshots.

If things go well i'll port it again into Monkey so I can make a Flash app out of it.

slenkar(Posted 2012) [#2]
looks good

Mainsworthy(Posted 2012) [#3]
I like it too, played sim city so so long ago

Blitzplotter(Posted 2012) [#4]
Looking good, played this on my palm.

FBEpyon(Posted 2012) [#5]
This looks very nice, I myself have always wanted to make a SimCity game, and this seems to fit the cake..

Matty(Posted 2012) [#6]
Looks good.

No criticism of your work but seeing the original graphics proves to me how memories often look better than the real thing....(when it comes to old computer games!)

*(Posted 2012) [#7]
@Matty: its a classic year the graphics may not be Skyrim but they do a perfectly adequate job :D

Steve Elliott(Posted 2012) [#8]

but seeing the original graphics proves to me how memories often look better than the real thing....(when it comes to old computer games!)

Well for a start they generally ran on TVs of the day that softened the graphics, so looked less pixelly.

slenkar(Posted 2012) [#9]
I like the graphics, they force you to use your imagination

Last edited 2012

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#10]
reminds me of those old dos games from the 90s :D

Hezkore(Posted 2012) [#11]
I'll take this sort of graphics over Skyrim any day. :)