Free games for everyone

Community Forums/Showcase/Free games for everyone

Bremer(Posted 2012) [#1]
Well not in general, but at least the four games I have just uploaded to my website. They were all made with BlitzMax during the last six weeks and are totally free.

Fruitchopper:

Memory Fruit:

PuzzleSwap:

SpaceVaders:

They can be downloaded from my free games webpage here:

http://zac-interactive.dk/blog/?page_id=20

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2012) [#2]
Even though these games are pretty simple, that's more games than I've ever finished, lol

Steve Elliott(Posted 2012) [#3]

Even though these games are pretty simple, that's more games than I've ever finished, lol

Yeah thanks for reminding me of that fact about myself, haha.

Grisu(Posted 2012) [#4]
Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed Memory Fruit a lot. - Reminds me that I should recode my ancient Cardwar some day. :/

Matt Vinyl(Posted 2012) [#5]
Nice little games there - three more than I've ever finished too.

Grisu: I recall your Cardwars from the good old Blitzcoder days. :)

Bremer(Posted 2012) [#6]
@Grisu, you should totally do a remake of your cardwar game. Making these games have been great fun and it has also been a good learning experience for me as to getting things completed. Well worth my time regardless of whether people play the games or not. As a bonus I have made some really great reusable code libraries so future projects should be even faster/easier to get done :)

Steve Elliott(Posted 2012) [#7]

@Grisu, you should totally do a remake of your cardwar game. Making these games have been great fun and it has also been a good learning experience for me as to getting things completed. Well worth my time regardless of whether people play the games or not. As a bonus I have made some really great reusable code libraries so future projects should be even faster/easier to get done :)

Well said, I agree with all of that. Especially about working on code libraries. Plus you've created some fun games in the meantime. :)

Chalky(Posted 2012) [#8]
Great games - and as Matt said: more than I have ever finished!

A few things I noticed while playing Puzzle Swap: quite often, the tile click detection is a row too high. Many times I clicked (for example) a row 3 tile, but the one above was selected. Clicking on "Continue" via the main menu resulted in a MAV every time. On a more individual level, I find the pause for visual effects in the config menus very irritating. Several times I clicked an option more than once - thinking my mouseclick hadn't been detected, when in fact I needed to have waited several seconds for the shudder (etc.) to finish.

Very slick presentation though - and very enjoyable. I have already spent far too much time playing it (Puzzle Swap). I particularly like the music - did you create it yourself?

Bremer(Posted 2012) [#9]
@Chalky, thanks for the comments.

[start of edit]

Well I decided to take time out to check the code right away after all, so I will just edit my post :)

The problem with the continue button was that it did not check to see if a game had already been stored, which caused the crash. That has now been fixed. The game will automatically store a game you are playing if you return to the main menu via the escape button. If you then later use the continue button you will be able to continue with the previous game.

The mouse issue with clicking a row above or a column to the left has been fixed, it was a dumb mistake with some empty pixels in the graphics which caused the custom pointer to be placed down and to the right of the actual mouse placement. That has been fixed as well.

I have removed the zooming animation from the setting flags so that they change immediately, which should make it more clear to see if you clicked or not. You still have to wait for the zoom of the text though before you can start clicking away, but at least now things change the moment you click.

I have updated the zip package so that people can now download the fixed version.

[end of edit]

The music was bought from this website: http://www.jewelbeat.com/

I am glad that you liked the games. The PuzzleSwap was also the favorite game of my brother and his wife who were the testers on these games.

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012