Jumping the Rift

Community Forums/Showcase/Jumping the Rift

K(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hello,
I posted a screenshot to the gallery, and I note that the rating has steadily declined. I posted this to see what people think, so I'm open to honest, blunt criticism.

Just curious if I could get feedback please, before I continue on false premises? Is the low rating s result of the graphics, or from the gameplay I (barely) described?

Opinions welcome!

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2012) [#2]
i don't ever rate in the gallery, but what i can tell is your textures are warped on the left there, and you'll need to blend your tiling better.

also that road is very very dark, use light grey not black.

and finally the characters have their backs to us, so we don't know anything about them visually.

remember that screenshots are your first pieces of marketing to your game, so make it as beautiful as possible.

slenkar(Posted 2012) [#3]
http://blitzbasic.com/gallery/view_pic.php?id=2323&gallery=&page=1

it looks ok to me

Steve Elliott(Posted 2012) [#4]
As a 3D newb I think it's more difficult to make graphics look as pretty as 2D games in some ways - you have to work harder. Take the grass on that screen-shot. There is no detail in there what-so-ever.

I think with a static screen-shot you also have to give some hint at good gameplay. IMO your game doesn't do that right now. Just something to bare in mind. :)

K(Posted 2012) [#5]
Okay, thanks for the opines. Sorry I forgot the linky..