Development testing.

Community Forums/Showcase/Development testing.

Yue(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hello, I want to progress in my development project so that you can tell me if it works correctly on other computers, as I build the application, this in order to avoid me headaches.

The idea now is to create a menu very similiar to Hal Life 2, which offers different options, it's nothing serious, just something amateur.

So I started again, and I love it because I always learn something new.

The first demo that I have mastered version 1.0, is shown the first contact you have with a user, a screen with a logo of the distributor and then display the logo of the developer.

I appreciate the help possible to know if it works correctly on other machines, more specifically in Windows operating systems (XP - 7)

First Logo.

Second Logo.

Sorry my english is bad.

Demo V.1.0 here!

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2012) [#2]
cant see the images, host has hot link protection on.

Yue(Posted 2012) [#3]
cant see the images, host has hot link protection on.

ok, thanks, I've fixed the problem.

A greeting.

AntonyWells(Posted 2012) [#4]
Look up "Post Processing" such as bloom via glsl.

It will add great 'oomph' to your graphics, and is fairly cheap gpu wise.

Yue(Posted 2012) [#5]
Loading Menú.

Menu 3D.

Exit Menu.

Hello!, This new demo shows the menu and then load the output from the title bar, or the exit button.

A greeting.

Development Demo v.1.1here!

Last edited 2012

Yue(Posted 2012) [#6]

This new demo implements the video options, where initially we can change the screen resolution in real time and switch between full screen mode to display mode in windows.

Grateful if this does not work.

A greeting.

Development Demo v.1.2 Here!

Last edited 2012

Yue(Posted 2012) [#7]

Hi!, This new demo has full options to Options screen.

Change Screen resolution.
Window or full screen mode.
Enable or disable V Sync
Contrast
Brightness
Dither
Antialiasing

as observing the change in brightness only works in full screen, and the antialiasing does not work, and to enable this option for nvidia card is made from the respective panel of the card.

I appreciate any information or error encountered.
A greeting.

Development Demo v.1.3: Here!

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

Yue(Posted 2012) [#8]
applying changes

When you change the screen resolution, or exchanged as a full-screen windows, displays the message "apply changes". One thing that is frustrating me is that I can not stop the components in the computer memory to not load again, I find no way I think it is impossible to do this in Blitz.

Options Languaje

In language options can be set between English and Spanish. The English translation has been done with the Google translator.

Also you can enable subtitles to display the dialogs of the characters.

Options Audio

In audio options, you can change the volume of background music, the volumn of the effects and volume of the voices.

Development Demo v.1.4: Here!

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

ando(Posted 2012) [#9]
Hi Yue, sorry but I got Memory Access Violation after the first logo was on the screen. If the problem is my old computer or something else I don't know. I tested 1.4. Good luck with your good work.

EDIT
I got MAV on all versions so maybe it is my pc. :)

Last edited 2012

Yue(Posted 2012) [#10]
Hi Yue, sorry but I got Memory Access Violation after the first logo was on the screen. If the problem is my old computer or something else I don't know. I tested 1.4. Good luck with your good work.

EDIT
I got MAV on all versions so maybe it is my pc. :)

This is really disturbing when they come here the errors and everything seems to work properly.

So this leaves me with many doubts and concerns, those things happen. =(

Yue(Posted 2012) [#11]
Low Shadow Quality

medium quality shade

High quality shade

I must say I'm a little bored not understand from where the individual errors of Blitz3D, however comprato with you the configuration of the shadows.

I have received criticism is Why start a project for a menu of configurations?, I think that is very subjective so it should be, though possibly this wrong.
Noise Shadow

Last edited 2012

Yue(Posted 2012) [#12]
This new demo called the V.1.5 shows the settings corresponding to the shadows. Shadows are shadowmap.

The three respective qualities are according to the size of the texture of the shadow, which differ between viewing distance and quality of their edges.

Development Demo v.1.5: Here!

Yue(Posted 2012) [#13]
Next Demo v1.6

Shadow Blur

ando(Posted 2012) [#14]
I tested on newer computer Yue and it is working good. Good work.

Yue(Posted 2012) [#15]
I tested on newer computer Yue and it is working good. Good work.

=) I greatly appreciate the comment, that makes me very happy, and hopefully this will end in something nice.

A greeting.

Yue(Posted 2012) [#16]
Demo v.1.6

Shadows Options

Options to set the shadow blur, this is useful when we project some ambient light such as sunlight is not intense, can also establish their respective quality.

Blur OFF

Blur ON

At this point the hunt is a persistent error, I speak of these errors on my part as a button does not do what you must do and the nightmare that on other machines in an error common memory of those who are desconicidos and do not say much about it for resolution.

Well the next demo V.1.7 is expected to implement a menu with a scena 3d something like Tomb Raider Anniversary, or Hal Life, later to move forward in the rest of the menu settings.

A greeting.

Development Demo v.1.6: Here!

Edit: Next Demo V.1.7

Edit 2: Next Demo V.1.7

Edit 3: Next Demo V.1.7

Edit 4: Next Demo V.1.7

Edit 5: Next Demo V.1.7

Last edited 2012

Yue(Posted 2012) [#17]

Edit:

Last edited 2012

Yue(Posted 2012) [#18]

Yue(Posted 2012) [#19]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcS6dBfAlZQ

Yue(Posted 2012) [#20]
http://youtu.be/Gx2Qx-Cv-VQ

Yue(Posted 2012) [#21]
Graphics Options

I've spent correcting things related to logic, and incidentally trying things to implement, the truth is that this has been a challenge for me, and I can say I've learned a lot, for someone who did not finish their primary education, for who can not stay as an intelligent, but I am really very ignorant.

The idea is to make as much as possible functional menu and then think of a project so small.

Yue(Posted 2012) [#22]
Sky Options

Yue(Posted 2012) [#23]
New Demo v.1.7

Development Demo v.1.7: Here!

This new development demo show further progress in the construction of the respective application menu where the user interacts varis to choose between options that can enhance or impair performance at the expense of graphics quality.

I appreciate you telling me if it works.

There is an error that is completely unknown to me and is a MAV when going to the logo which shows the computer, I thought that this is due to the amount of polygons and if this happens again I will do a test by changing the 3d model a simple cube.

A greeting.

Last edited 2012

Steve Elliott(Posted 2012) [#24]
You're making steady progress Yue. Well done.

Yue(Posted 2012) [#25]
Improved shadow system.
Before - after.

=)

Edit:

Last edited 2012

stayne(Posted 2012) [#26]
Good stuff Yue! Now take a break :)

Yue(Posted 2012) [#27]
;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dIXEqC5JZc

Yue(Posted 2012) [#28]