Rif Hud

Community Forums/Showcase/Rif Hud

RifRaf(Posted 2012) [#1]
I actually meant to post this months ago before I took my long break, but here it is.

This hud is for Xors3D or B3D native it's a work in progress but so far im happy with where its going. So far you can have elements, and element groupings placed about and acted on as buttons and such much like sprite candy allows you to do, there are also lots of handy gadgets like spin wheels, trackballs, springpad thingies, text fields, checkbox, radio box, and a few other things.. each can be scaled , rotated and customized a number of ways.

Demo in its current state here
In this zip theres also a text file called resolution.txt where you can set different res to see how the gui functions at different aspects.

http://www.empowergames.com/rif_hudx_exe.zip

source code if you want to tinker is here, its xors3d / b3d code if you want it to work with b3d native you'll have to remove all the Xs in front of the commands, ill try to get the native code posted sometimes soon if anyone is interested.

http://www.empowergames.com/rif_hudx.zip

and a shot of it, in this shot shadows are off

Input appreciated, thanks

Last edited 2012

Blitzplotter(Posted 2012) [#2]
I like the style you have opted for in your screen grab, a refreshingly new looking approach.

Yue(Posted 2012) [#3]
Nice =)

Kryzon(Posted 2012) [#4]
I like this clockwork theme. It has some steam-punkyness, which is something you can never get enough of.

I do think it deserves even greater realism (pre-rendered graphics, with photorealistic lighting and texture), so as to look like real stuff, like from photographs. If you render animations of these photorealistic graphics and use as animated sprites, then... even better!

The only 'realistic' menu I can remember seeing in a game is from Hunter Hunted (click for bigger res):

• That barrel at the back has real footage of fire waving around, displayed as animated graphics;
• The scene has depth-of-field and layers, so it looks like it's from a cinematic camera even though it must've been composed from different photographs. It's just image editing effects;
• There are eerie sound-effects with reverberation and panning to give out a sense of danger around you;
• All this work to give you a feeling that you're actually 'there', in that apocalyptic environment, pushing buttons on that menu pad.

RifRaf(Posted 2012) [#5]
Thanks, the hud system allows easy assignment of gfx to gadgets so it can look however you like. I whipped up the steam punk gear thing to demo the system. Im working on making it all B3D native right now, there are several small things to tweak from Xors3D to b3d native.

Polan(Posted 2012) [#6]
Input field is limiting wrong. For WWWWW only it go far outside.
But expect that: Great stuff!

Last edited 2012