Powerslam

Community Forums/Showcase/Powerslam

Cobra Blade(Posted 2012) [#1]

Yesterday I was finally able to release my first BlitzMax game. A wrestling game for Mac! Nope, you didn't read that wrong. There is finally a wrestling game for OS X. This action packed anime wrestling game comes full of different match types. From the standard one on one match to the deadly Deathmatch where the ring gets loaded full of weapons. Not only is it my first BlitzMax project it is my first game to be available on the Mac App Store!

So I want to thank everyone involved with BlitzMax and the community. Also a big thank you goes out to Mat Dickie & Erik Hogan for all of their help.

The game features
18 Wrestlers to choose from
10 Different match types
48 Round Tournament
Final boss battle on the 48th round
Actual Refs to referee the match
Unlockable: Hilarious Bighead Mode
Unlockable: Editor Mode - Create up to 95 wrestlers!

Web page

Demo

On the App Store

And... thank you for taking the time to read through my post.

Amon(Posted 2012) [#2]
Looks Good!

Cobra Blade(Posted 2012) [#3]
Thank you kindly Amon.

OldNESJunkie(Posted 2012) [#4]
Yeah that does look good, any plans for a Windows or Linux version ??

Cobra Blade(Posted 2012) [#5]
Thank you OldNESJunkie.
Porting it to other platforms is under consideration.
I thinking maybe I should even port the code to Monkey first so an iOS port is possible too. (pity an Amiga OS 4 port isn't possible)

Cobra Blade(Posted 2012) [#6]
An update on the Powerslam to Monkey process:
Erik is working hard on a project called Monken, a Semi Automatic BlitzMax to Monkey converter.

This is very exciting stuff, because it doesn't just mean a Monkey port of Powerslam but if it all goes well it means anyone can make porting their BlitzMax code to Monkey a whole lot easier.

Any one interested in helping him out or finding out more can find info over on his blog at the url below.
http://www.earok.net/sections/projects/games/misc/monken-semi-automatic-blitzmax-conversion-monkey

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#7]
Mat Dickie

:P

steve_ancell(Posted 2012) [#8]
Captain Wicker (Posted 1 week ago) #7
Mat Dickie

:P

I had a feeling someone would come back with that eventually. 8-)

Not bad though, very Amiga/Atari ST.

Last edited 2012

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#9]

Last edited 2012

Unknown User(Posted 2012) [#10]
oooh look, its a pic of me from talk like a pirate day :P

Austin, you are still not going to get the response you crave from me... cause you see, I really don't find you all that attractive. And everybody here has seen how you suck a man's tool one minute and then try to bite it off the next :P

You see Austin, what is going to happen is this... You will go a step to far one of these times, and you'll be beating your chest like Tarzan and intentionally trying to annoy somebody here and WHOOSH, you'll find yourself banned. You won't have somebody like me who will just mildly tease you a little in private, while you go out of your way to copy and paste pictures and text like a plagiarist school kid. You see, not once have I stooped to your level by trying to "call you out" in public or shame you in public. So thanks Austin, thank you very much for just being so damn nice :) Please don't change at all. Cause one of these days I'll hear the whisper about your lifetime ban and my god I will laugh so hard I will probably die of a heart attack :)

To ANY of the moderators/site admins here. Please feel free to delete this account and any products linked to it as I really have no intentions of using them any longer (should please Simon Armstrong no end :)). But if any of you feel like banning Austin on my behalf... call it a parting gift if you like... I would REALLY appreciate it :P

Ciao!
Ash.

Ross C(Posted 2012) [#11]
Who is Ash?

Cobra Blade(Posted 2012) [#12]
Not bad though, very Amiga/Atari ST.

Thank you! One of the big reasons I still really want to port it to Monkey is not only for the iOS & Android builds but I've also learnt Amiga builds are possible too using Monkey.

JonnyEnglish(Posted 2012) [#13]
That look great! Nice graphics! Very Polished!

Cobra Blade(Posted 2012) [#14]
Thank you for your kind words Jonny. Your feedback is really appreciated! :)

JonnyEnglish(Posted 2012) [#15]
Cheers, take a look at my Pseudo3D roads. Caused quite a stir!