Battle over Finland 2

Community Forums/Showcase/Battle over Finland 2

Jouni(Posted 2011) [#1]
Greetings!

I present an old project, which started in December 2005. The game is still being completed. I do not know when it is ready, but it will be free. Here a few pictures and a link to the video. Pages are in Finnish language.

Jouni.

http://koti.phnet.fi/jounijr/

Video here!

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011

John Cage(Posted 2011) [#2]
Looks really cool!

*(Posted 2011) [#3]
All I can imagine is the pilot going 'By Jove your a bit close arent you' LOL

jayparker(Posted 2011) [#4]
Looks good! Waiting for a playable demo :)

Naughty Alien(Posted 2011) [#5]
..very very nice JU-87..i like it a lot..

GfK(Posted 2011) [#6]
It looks a bit primitive and flat; no shading, no scenery, no apparent collisions, no sound, no sky... and this is six years of work??

Jouni(Posted 2011) [#7]
Thank you for your feedback.

I gradually made my game, and I do not constantly. The graphics are not final. Terrain becomes better and the clouds appear in the sky. Planes are not in final form. But I admit that the game is an old-fashioned. I'll put a link to the forum when the game is finished.

Jouni

Arska(Posted 2011) [#8]
Looks nice. ;)

Nice to see other finns here. :P

Chroma(Posted 2011) [#9]
It looks a bit primitive and flat; no shading, no scenery, no apparent collisions, no sound, no sky... and this is six years of work??

GfK, making a flight sim is no joke brother. I worked on mine off and on for about six years too until I finally got the physics right. But that's because I did them myself...could have probably done it faster using a physics lib like Newton.

EDIT: Hmm...I watched the video. I can tell by the way the plane is moving that there's no physics yet. I'd use a 3rd party physics library like Newton or ODE and then just tweak as needed...

Last edited 2011

Vorderman(Posted 2011) [#10]
I think it's looking pretty nice, especially the Stuka.

I don't know if it's of any use to you but I have zipped up the source of a simple flight engine I wrote ages and ages ago. Please feel free to have a look and either bin it or make use of it if you want. It doesn't do a whole lot but the plane flying around feels quite nice. Uses the mouse for main control, others are displayed on the screen.

http://webspace.mypostoffice.co.uk/~james.kett/SimpleFlight.zip

Last edited 2011

Blitzplotter(Posted 2011) [#11]
Jouni, looking pretty awesome! I'd a lot of fun with the jv-ode physics library and it is fantastic value for money - I don't know about newton though.

Had a quick look at your blog page, very interesting read. I let the browser translate it to English - and whilst in-browser translators are quite something else, it raised a little smile when it changed the name of your page from Battle over Finland 2 to Battle over Ireland 2.

Last edited 2011

Jouni(Posted 2012) [#12]
Thanks for the feedback. The project is still underway, and when the game is finished I'll put it here for download ...

Arska

Really nice that the other can be found in Finnish!

Chroma

Thank you for your feedback. The game is really quite simple and rather old-style, I hope that I get a better look when it finishes it.
I have a JV-ODE but hardly use it.

Vorderman

Thank you so much! I download the program for the experiment ... :) Stuka and other models are not by me, but I've upgraded them to fit into the game.

Blitzplotter

Google translator makes some amusing translations. :)

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012