Spike's Quest Test Demo#4

Community Forums/Showcase/Spike's Quest Test Demo#4

AvestheFox(Posted 2011) [#1]
This is a little Brony related fan project I've been working on for fun for the past three months now.

http://www.bullockarts.com/miscjunk/S.Q%20Test%20Demo%20%234/

hope it works for everyone here :P

slenkar(Posted 2011) [#2]
Its well made with great graphics,

ive never been a fan of the maze like thingy of going through doors and having to keep track of what door leads where.
Maybe it could be more fun if the level was more linear?

Also you could put humor into the game as its based on a humorous concept.

Also, you can shoot fireballs, but there isnt much to shoot,

and when making platform games remember what made mario so great, the fun unrealistic, daredevil jumping physics.

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011

John Cage(Posted 2011) [#3]
This is fun!

-jc

AvestheFox(Posted 2011) [#4]
@slenkar
ive never been a fan of the maze like thingy of going through doors and having to keep track of what door leads where.
Maybe it could be more fun if the level was more linear?

Its really intended to be a kinda cutesy Metroidvania style platformer with Zelda and Cave Story elements. So the puzzles are a bit of a necessity.

Also you could put humor into the game as its based on a humorous concept.

There will be humor in the actual game. granted it might be a bit mild. far and in between. but humor nonetheless.

Also, you can shoot fireballs, but there isnt much to shoot,

you can shoot the blocks with the gold circles for some items. I've yet to add any enemies but there will be some in the next demo. the shooting is there because it will be in the actual game and well, it would had been silly not to have included it especially after three demos without it :P

and when making platform games remember what made mario so great, the fun unrealistic, daredevil jumping physics.

Oh, I agree! :D but this isnt a Mario style platformer. its a Metroidvania style which such games were not always so tricky with their phycics

thanks for the feedback! :)

slenkar(Posted 2011) [#5]
NP

If its a metroidvania style game then there will be an auto-map thingy right? so remembering which door to go through wont be a problem.

AvestheFox(Posted 2011) [#6]
righto! I just havent got around to doing a working map system yet. I hope to have one done for demo 5 ;)