Tompi Jones will be "Tompi"

Community Forums/Showcase/Tompi Jones will be "Tompi"

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hello everyone, it is nearly time to go testing the game and to avoid copyright problems I decided to change the name of the game and instead of "Tompi Jones" game will be called only "Tompi". I modified the logo of the game:

I've decided that you will can pre-purchase the game in beta, to try to get money to complete and perfect it more calmly. This will be updated betas to refine details, improved game features levels and getting some funding.

Soon I will make the information relevant to pre-purchase the game.

For now I need some people interested in testing the Tompi tutorial level. I need to get feedback of the game and some help with my bad English translation of the introductory and tutorials texts.

If anyone is interested to try the tutorial level (set in 3 different game worlds with about 10 minutes or longer) in exchange for help with improving the English, then you can write an email to admin@... and I'll send a link to the game and the english texts that appear during the tutorial level to make corrections if needed or if it is not well understood.

Thanks for the help and support of the community. Regards.

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2011) [#2]
Hi, this is a screenshot showing some features of the world 6 of Tompi, and it shows the jetpack, battles with big enemies to obtain keys, rotary saws, ...

Now I'm working on the preparation of the beta version 0.70. Soon the game will be available for pre-purchase on the web, which will show a video of 5 minutes showing the actual beta gameplay.

Ross C(Posted 2011) [#3]
Some lovely looking graphics there man!

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2011) [#4]
Hi, thanks Ross!

For anyone who wants to take a look at "Tompi" gameplay (beta 0.70) I put a video of 5 minutes on youtube. This video shows many of the features that currently has the game. I hope you like it:

Tompi gameplay video: Click here!

andy_mc(Posted 2011) [#5]
I like this idea of games being sold before the game is complete, it really pushes the developer to finsih the game, it's worked well with Minecraft so far.

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2011) [#6]
I hope so. I wish I could spend time perfecting the game, the gameplay of the levels, create many more levels and to create and test the multiplayer mode with the Blitz community.

AvestheFox(Posted 2011) [#7]
actually, considering the name is a just parody I dont imagine they could sue you or anything for it... ah well, its your decision.

nice work so far!

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2011) [#8]
Hi, now is ready the first beta (version 0.70) of "Tompi Jones". The website is updated with information about it.

You can download a demo version of this beta to test the first level (tutorial level).

You can also pre-purchase the beta version of "Tompi Jones" and have access to all updates (enhancements, bug fixes, new levels and enemies, implementation and testing of multiplayer mode,...) and finally the Full Version of the game.

You will also receive a free copy of "Arkhelom 3D" to pre-purchase the game and benefit from a reduced price compared to the final price of "Tompi Jones".

I would appreciate some feedback after trying the demo for improvement in the next beta.

Please, visit the Website here!

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2011) [#9]
Hi guys, I detected a problem with the demo version. Nobody had notified me. It seems to have a bug that prevents try it. I'll fix soon.

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2011) [#10]
Ok, I think bug is fixed. Now you can donwload the Trial Demo Version at web. I modified the right text at web to clarify more the information about versions and also I reduced the file size of Demo Version.

Please, try it and send me some feedback about the tutorial level. Thanks.

Download here: http://www.dreamssoftgames.com

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2011) [#11]
Hi guys. You can see a new Youtube HD video that shows a full level: World 2_Enchanted Forest Level 3_Montseny.

I added some graphics effects: light beams, particles of airborne dust, falling leaves, butterflies, ...

You can view here!

JoshK(Posted 2011) [#12]
I think naming your game with an unpronouncable word is a bad idea. You should also lessen the motion of the background, it's very disorientating.

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2011) [#13]
Finally, I decided decided to keep the name of "Tompi Jones" for the game. "Tompi" is a fictitious name for the protagonist of the game, although in spanish is not an unpronounceable word. I'm not native English. But thank you very much for the advice. I will also consider the motion of the background.

JoshK(Posted 2011) [#14]
But you're promoting this on an English-speaking forum, and to us it looks like a series of random letters. Call it "Tom Bean" or something that is easy to spell and remember.

Kryzon(Posted 2011) [#15]
Hi Luis, great project you got going on there.
I liked the moment at 1:18 ~ 1:24 in that gameplay video where you have things coming\jumping into the playfield.
I can't remember if I've seen this in other games; I think at that moment you take a good advantage of 'what the 3D has to offer in a 2D game', and I hope your game does this not only with characters but with animated parts of the environment as well, falling rocks etc.

What I disliked in that video was at the end, when the background music suddenly stopped but the visuals continued. I don't think this gives a good impression.
Easy to fix at least!

Last edited 2011

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2011) [#16]
Hi Kryzon, thank you. I'm glad you like some features of the game. I'm trying to take advantage of 3D. It is true that I can still add animated parts of the environment. I'll try in levels of more advanced betas version.

You're right, the music ends too soon. I'll try to correct.

AltanilConard(Posted 2011) [#17]
I really like how it looks, very compete with much features, nice models and graphics, rather professional so nice job!
Two things: I like the music in the video, but it really doesn't fit the game... makes it feel weird. Also I think Tompi looks a bit too simple - maybe give him some more features (various colors, items, stuff like that).
Soon as I'm on a Windows machine I'll try the demo, I have high hopes for this.

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2011) [#18]
Hi Conard , thanks and I hope you like it when you try the demo.

The music is from YouTube Service. I chose a song that has the same length of video (more or less). Sometimes the music genre is not the best. But it's not really the game's music.

Tompi looks simple. He has a hat but he is supplemented when picking the shield, the sword or/and the jetpack. Then the model is somewhat more complete.