Scoregasm Demo

Community Forums/Showcase/Scoregasm Demo

jkrankie(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hey,

There's a demo of the Blitzmax game i've been working on for the last 2 and a half years available on Rock, Paper, Shotgun this weekend. It'd be cool to know what you guys think! The demos are for Windows, Mac and Linux.

Link: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08/26/max-points-scoregasm-rps-exclusive-demo/

and my website: http://www.charliesgames.com/wordpress/?page_id=21

It's a shooty game, with lots of stuff to blow up! Here's a screen grab:

It's Blitzmax, MiniB3D, various Mods from Brucey, and some custom GL bits for particles etc. if you're wondering.

Have fun!

Cheers
Charlie

Last edited 2011

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2011) [#2]
Looks gorgeous, looking forward to giving it a go.

Neuro(Posted 2011) [#3]
Wow, insane game. But is there full screen mode available?

jkrankie(Posted 2011) [#4]
Yes! go left on the main menu and select the monitor icon.

Cheers
Charlie

JazzieB(Posted 2011) [#5]
Wow, this is bloody brilliant! I'm a big fan of shooters and this is quite addictive. Reminds me a little of Super Stardust HD on the PS3. Probably best played with a dual-stick joypad, which I did.

It ran smooth at 1080p at 4x anti-aliasing on my set-up. It did crash on its first run though (exception violation), after finishing the first wave after the tutorial. Not sure why, but it didn't do it after that.

May have to grab a copy when its out.

Nice work.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2011) [#6]
Looks really good. Shame I can't run it at all (window pops up and disappears straight away).

jkrankie(Posted 2011) [#7]
What system are you on Steve?

Cheers
Charlie

Taron(Posted 2011) [#8]
Awww, rats, can't run it on my XP64. Tried compatibility mode XP, but no luck. I get an access violation after waiting a moment.

Shame. Looks so good.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2011) [#9]
Maybe an issue with User Account Control?

Neuro(Posted 2011) [#10]
I like the homage to Space Invaders later on in the demo :). A lot tougher though!

Steve Elliott(Posted 2011) [#11]

What system are you on Steve?

The Core2 Duo in my sig.

jkrankie(Posted 2011) [#12]
Well, all i can say is make sure your drivers are up to date. The game isn't doing anything fancy on start up (creating and saving a file in your application data folder), so my guess is that if it's getting as far as flashing up a window it's a graphics problem.

Cheers
Charlie

jkrankie(Posted 2011) [#13]
I've fixed the window popping up thing now i think. Managed to repeat it on my laptop. It was the dreaded Unable to calculate tex size problem max has had forever and hasn't been fixed. I've also made some progress on x64 systems, although i'm not sure XP 64 was ever that widely used, right? I don't suppose there's any reason the game shouldn't run on XP64, although i have seen games mention that it won't work on that system in their specs.

Cheers
Charlie