Spill Engine just got physical

Community Forums/Showcase/Spill Engine just got physical

col(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi all,

After 2 evenings, I've managed to incorporate the Newton Physics library into the Spill Engine :D

Press SPACE to reset the scene, and the ususal ESCAPE exits. Theres only one scene at the moment which is the 'brick work' breaking apart and crashing to the ground.

DOWNLOAD HERE

NOTE:- If you have problems with the demo then please make sure you have the very latest version of DirectX installed. Even if you have DX9/DX10 or DX11 this still applies. The official update will update these 3 versions to their latest in one go. You can update from HERE.

EDIT:- Just realised - Is this the correct forum for these posts or should I be posting into the other Showcase forum? I think it would be more appropriate to be in the other Showcase forum?

EDIT2:- I'm away until Sunday night now, I'm off to the Hop Farm Festival in Kent UK. See ya when I get back :-)

Have fun :D

Last edited 2011

Chroma(Posted 2011) [#2]
col, are you making this a Blitz3D type product? If so that would be splendid.

col(Posted 2011) [#3]
Hiya Chroma,
When you say 'Blitz3D type product', do you mean to use Blitz3D like commands??

To be honest I didn't intend to ( all other 'engines' do seem to sway that way, and I didn't want to ), but the more and more I build this I seem to find myself wrapping the code to use a similar command syntax, and then I rewrite it so as not to wrap it. Let's face it, the Blitz3D command style is amazingly intuitive to use.

Or did you mean something else? :D

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2011) [#4]
Hey Col, can u post up the userlib.decls and anything else for Newton Physx? I've been looking for that bloody thing all year, and couldnt find it >< Thanks! :)

col(Posted 2011) [#5]
Hiya rez. Sorry mate, The whole engine including this wrapper is my code written in bmax, not blitz3d. I don't suppose it's too hard to port it over. I'll have a go later when I get home from work. :)

col(Posted 2011) [#6]
@Rez

Just got home, did a quick search and found this
http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=995

Is that any good for you?

EDIT :- Looking through the post it may have probs? I'm truly not up to scratch with B3D intricacies :D

EDIT2 :- Or here http://blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=66659 Dead Links

Last edited 2011

col(Posted 2011) [#7]
Like i say, I'm not so well versed in Blitz3D but you're welcome to my BMax source so you or someone can port it over for you. This only works with the Newton1.5 dll, not V2.x. They have restructured V2.x and the two aren't compatible.

This won't work directly as is in your own BMax programs, but it wouldn't take someone 5 mins to adapt it. Hope it helps.
:D

EDIT :- Or maybe I won't.

Last edited 2011