Dungeons & Traps (working title)

Community Forums/Showcase/Dungeons & Traps (working title)

Galdy(Posted 2011) [#1]
Ok. Hope this works getting an image to show. This is a retro rpg in the spirit of Dungeon master. One space at a time movement. Done in 2d with B3d. I can move around and open some doors at this point. The GUI is an early version. The round slots are action slots using equiped weapons or skills/spells. It's a bit ambitious for a first game I admit to make a rpg. :) I've had B3d for 8+ years and never really got after doing something with it until now. Love it. I'll have to give Max go aftee I get a good handle on B3d.

Last edited 2011

Galdy(Posted 2011) [#2]

Last edited 2011

Galdy(Posted 2011) [#3]

Galdy(Posted 2011) [#4]
lol. Ok. Took me a couple of tries to figure out how to get the image up.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2011) [#5]
Looking good! :)

Grisu(Posted 2011) [#6]
Well done!

Hopefully this will be somthing like Ultima Underworld?

Paul Murray(Posted 2011) [#7]
Stick at it mate, nothing wrong with starting an ambitious project (it's the best way to learn)!

Galdy(Posted 2011) [#8]
Thanks for the replies.

Grisu, I never played ultima underworld . I'd say there will be some similarities for sure. I’m going to draw
on ideas from a variety of games I've enjoyed. Such as a portal spell or scroll that you can use to travel to a
town vender and return to your dungeon location. You know where that idea comes from. :) I'll post a shot of the editor that i've been building along with it.

Galdy(Posted 2011) [#9]
The Editor.

Last edited 2011

grindalf(Posted 2011) [#10]
looking good :D

Mainsworthy(Posted 2011) [#11]
thats good! I mean realy good!!

Grey Alien(Posted 2011) [#12]
Keep going with it. I love Dungeon Master. Was scary back on the Amiga.

Sung(Posted 2011) [#13]
Looks fantastic Galdy.
Keep on the good work!

Galdy(Posted 2011) [#14]
Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I've been following the stuff you guys have been doing and it has been inspiring. There is something truly addictive about it when you start seeing your creation come to life.

Cheers,
Galdy

Kryzon(Posted 2011) [#15]
Looks really good, nice work with the interface, preview-screen at the bottom etc.

One little nitpick: the "Jail Door" text on the editor GUI isn't shadowed when all others are. Is it because it's selected or something?

Last edited 2011

Steve Elliott(Posted 2011) [#16]

Keep going with it. I love Dungeon Master. Was scary back on the Amiga.

I had an Atari ST back in the day, but running an Amiga emulator and Dungeon Master fairly recently almost brought a tear to the eye haha.

There is something truly addictive about it when you start seeing your creation come to life.

So true. Back writing games after messing about with various languages/engines. Feels good to be back being creative.

Last edited 2011

Galdy(Posted 2011) [#17]
You're right Kryzon. Thanks. I didn't notice that. The editor is not something that is going to come with the game, never the less I'd like to be consistent. :)

Steve, Dungeon Master is one of my all time favorites. A true classic and a pioneering game of it's type. I remember mapping the dungeons on graph paper to the late hours.

Chroma(Posted 2011) [#18]
Good job Galdy. It looks better than Dungeon Master on the Amiga though...

Last edited 2011

JustLuke(Posted 2011) [#19]
I loved this sort of game back in the day. Wizardry 7 and Eye of the Beholder 2 were the best of the bunch.

In fact, many years ago when I studied Software Engineering at university, I made a simple Dungeon Master clone in VC++ for my final year programming project.

Good luck with this!

WERDNA(Posted 2011) [#20]
I've always loved these kind of games. Wizardry 1 was one of the best :)
(Tis where I got my screen name from afterall!)

The screenshots look good. I recognize the dude in the inventory screen
from daz3d.com, lol!

taumel(Posted 2011) [#21]
I loved Dungeon Master!

I'm in a nitpicking mood today: The torches are placed to high, the lightning isn't right, the perspective looks weird, i dislike the gfx style and the leveldesign. What i like is that you're working on such a game and the white icon for unlocked doors. Good luck with it. All Wizardry games sucked...

Last edited 2011

D4NM4N(Posted 2011) [#22]
sweet!