Zigwigwis rescue mission wip

Community Forums/Showcase/Zigwigwis rescue mission wip

hub(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi everybody here !

You can test and download from my site my vertical shooter game wip : http://www.zigwigwis.com (press english icon).

Thanks for your comments !

Last edited 2012

Jesse(Posted 2011) [#2]
I finally got to playing it in my Macbook, I had to remove a few of the dx instructions and limit to install valid modes and finally got it to work. I only had time to try the first 2 level so I don't know if it will work with the rest of the game. I will try it later on and see if it works through out.

the game is quite fun and I think a bit challenging at parts. I would love to see bigger explosions and stuff blown to pieces but is quite nice as is.

are you going to be selling the complete version? I think it has potential.
I like the animations. what software are you using to create the images? some of the look really good.

Last edited 2011

Jesse(Posted 2011) [#3]

Last edited 2011

hub(Posted 2011) [#4]
Many thanks Jesse.

- I use lightwave for the gfx.

- Difficult for me to produce nice challenging levels at this time. Have you tested the editor (change lang=2 inside the editor.ini file to translate it into english). You can produce a level without any line of code.

- The game is freeware. With some computers i have a problem with the vertical scrolling 64x64 tiles (sometimes tiles 1 px overlap).

hub(Posted 2011) [#5]
Oups sorry editor is for windows only !

hub(Posted 2011) [#6]
Hi

i've just updated the program.

- with now nice and interesting level design.
- new improved gfx / sound...
- you can now redefine keyboard keys...
- and more !

Notes :
- At this time the game installer speak french but you can choose english language into the game settings.

- The game catch the mouse (windowed) press CTRL+P to unlock the mouse.

You can test and download from my site : http://www.zigwigwis.com (click english icon).

Thanks for feedback !

hub(Posted 2011) [#7]
- update :

- 4 players mode + control with joypad.
- collect gems.
- some bugs corrected.

Jesse(Posted 2011) [#8]
Hi Hub,
I had a little problem after setting up the game. Apparently my computer didn't like the GL graphics settings. as soon as I started it, it crashed with a Access Violation error. It might just be my Laptop but I don't know. the biggest problem is that unless they know where the game settings file is most people wont be able to get the game to run afterwards.

I am using my Macbook with dual boot for Windows and Mac so that might be the problem.

maybe you should consider a startup window like the original but with the options to run and/or modify the settings.

I figured out where the settings file was and deleted it, rerun it with the settings for DX graphics. It works good now.

I like the new levels!

Last edited 2011

hub(Posted 2011) [#9]
Thanks Jesse. At this time i not registered the installer program. In fact i can pass a -conf parameter to the program to display again the config window. Later i want add a line into the game install menu 'run game settings'.

CTRL+N : display on/off clouds
CTRL+F : stop scrolling
CTRL+E : reload player energy
CTRL+T : reload beam power
CTRL+NUMPAD PLUS : add credits
CTRL+W : Finish the level.
CTRL+G : god mode to test.

Last edited 2011

hub(Posted 2011) [#10]
i'm sorry for the bad english game translation. But you know when you read me that i've a poor english language knowledge !

hub(Posted 2012) [#11]
Update.
- Second word : gfx udpated and new musics.
- new registered installer program. (you can modify game settings).
- game play revisited.
- bigger explosions !