Geolaria - Fight the Geoms on Mac and Windows!

Community Forums/Showcase/Geolaria - Fight the Geoms on Mac and Windows!

ChaosCoder(Posted 2011) [#1]
Geolaria finally found it's way out of my projects folder on my hard disk.

I'm happy to anounce:

A spaceshooter for Windows and Mac OS X. Download the demo now or buy the full version.
Save the solar system and fight the Geoms!

Geolaria is a solar system with the sun Geolar in its center. Decades ago, the five planets of this solar system have been attacked and conquered by the aggressive nation of the Geoms. Numerous subspecies – each of them has the same objective: Kill you. But a ship and a strong laser cannon are helping you to wipe out all Geoms once for all.

Dive into the world of Geolaria and experience a quick gameplay with challenging laser battles between you and the endless masses of Geoms. Luminous colorful explosions and roasted parts of your enemies will mark your way of destruction and accentuate your triumph through the solar system.

The constantly increasing difficulty forces to improve your weapons with upgrades. Multiple piercing, powerful laser shots will begin the carnage. But the opponents keep up with their endless mass against you – will you manage to overcome them and establish your reputation in the online high score?

Grab your copy now: chaosspace.de/geolaria

Last edited 2011

Sung(Posted 2011) [#2]
Very colorfull. A little to overboarded and fast for me.

ChaosCoder(Posted 2011) [#3]
Thanks for your feedback. :)
Yepp, it's a style you have to accustom to.

Nevertheless: I released version 1.2!
See the changes here: http://chaosspace.de/dev/update-1-2/?lang=en

Last edited 2011

mkg(Posted 2011) [#4]
Congratulations!

Very pretty! :)

Ran nice and smooth on my 5 year old pc with xp.

What software and tools did you use?

Was i supposed to still be seeing my windows toolbar? I felt like I was missing part of the HUD?

Can't give you much feedback on the gameplay I'm afraid as I've always been terrible at that sort of game.

Good luck with it.

ChaosCoder(Posted 2011) [#5]
Hey, thanks! :D

Software: Not much. ChaosEdit & BlIDE as IDEs for BlitzMax, Photoshop for the graphics. Well that's it I think. :) Music was done from different artists.
Of course you need PHP and MySQL for the connection with the server.

You were seeing your windows toolbar? :O Have you turned fullscreen mode on? Which resolution do you have?

Thanks for playing and keep doing it until you are better. If you don't like playing it, go, ask your friends if they play it in place of you. ;-)

mkg(Posted 2011) [#6]
Sorry i mistyped ... I meant taskbar.

There is no bug .. I hadn't turned on fullscreen. But the fact that there was no control bar or frame to the window made me think it was already in fullscreen and that I was seeing the taskbar when I shouldn't be. And if I was confused then perhaps others may be too. Maybe it would be better to default to fullscreen on first run?

This is a very minor point. It's a nice game - I had another play and it's great, just not my kind of game.

SpaceAce(Posted 2011) [#7]
Looks really nice. Are the particles images, procedural, or a combination of both? I'm curious about the glow effects.