Fish With Weapon (LD20 Entry)

Community Forums/Showcase/Fish With Weapon (LD20 Entry)

Aymes(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hey guys,

Last weekend I entered the Ludum Dare #20 competition (write a game in 48 hours.) The theme this time was "It's dangerous to go alone, take this!" and I came up with a game called "Fish With Weapon"

In the game you end up bashing aquatic creatures with a mallet in an attempt to save your friends and defeat the evil "Shork".

It was a great experience writing it and I learnt quite a bit about myself as a developer (eg, what I can force myself to do with a proper deadline ahead of me!) Although the game was "finished" there are still quite a few problems with it. Obviously it's quite (very) rough round the edges, you can't die yet and there are nasty collision issues. but overall I was quite proud of it.

This is basically what it looked like:

If you fancied a go you can download it here Clicky (inc source)

Did anyone else here enter btw?

Grey Alien(Posted 2011) [#2]
Hey it's cool you did the LD 20. I started but then the weather got so nice here I went out with my family. I may work on it this weekend instead.

Aymes(Posted 2011) [#3]
One day I must visit this "outside" which you speak of ;) You entered one of these before though right?

I don't think I've come across any other blitzy entries yet (quite a bunch of flash and unity games though...and even one purebasic one..wow)

Grey Alien(Posted 2011) [#4]
Yeah I did LD19 and made Coffee Forever. Even that I only did in one day as I did family stuff on the other day.