Lizardry has been released for Mac and Windows

Community Forums/Showcase/Lizardry has been released for Mac and Windows

zambani(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi everyone, I'm happy to announce that our latest Blitzmax game called Lizardry is now available.

http://www.reflectivelayer.com/site2/lizardry-2

Here's a Youtube video of the gameplay.
http://youtu.be/7ApDoMcAaM4

Lizardry is a simple and fun game to play. Your goal is to help Liz the Lizard catch as many flies as possible on the way to the finish line. However, on the path to the finish line you値l have to avoid eating the wrong things or having you tongue caught in mouse traps. But you値l also find some goodies along the way that will allow Liz to unleash some Lizardry! View your stats at the end of each level to help you improve your fly catching ability.

Lizardry is also our first game that痴 been ported to Android mobile OS. The game was original envisioned to be an Android game only, but during the initial concept development I used Blitzmax for rapid development. I later decided to fully develop the Blitzmax version and later converted it to Java for Android. It certainly was an interesting experience and I知 slowly developing a library of Blitzmax like objects in java. At some point I値l probably start using the new Monkey language instead, but for now I知 learning new stuff on the java front.

Anyhow Lizardry is available on Mac and Windows for free until sometime tomorrow(April 27 2011). At that time the Android version will become available on The Market.
So check out the Lizard today or you can wait till tomorrow and buy it for $0.99 :-)

http://www.reflectivelayer.com/site2/lizardry-2

Last edited 2011

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2011) [#2]
Congratulations! It's an original game concept. Good luck with the game!

BlitzSupport(Posted 2011) [#3]
It looks pretty cool but I really think it'd sell more if you appealed to people's baser instincts and made it a giant lizard that's eating people rather than flies... (Which is what I thought was in the screenshots initially!)

zambani(Posted 2011) [#4]
@Luis
Thanks for your feedback.

@BlitzSupport
Now that's a pretty good idea to add in the updates. I plan to make a few of them. To make it compatible I'd have to make the people as small as the insects. But then again it just might be normal humans in a world of giant everything.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2011) [#5]
Judging by the title I thought it was an RPG about Wizards except the wizards are lizards?

lol

GaryV(Posted 2011) [#6]
Very intriguing and imaginative. I really like the looks of this.

slenkar(Posted 2011) [#7]
I thought the mousetraps were catapaults,

Catapaults would be cooler :)

zambani(Posted 2011) [#8]
@slenkar
That's another cool idea for the next update. Destroy the catapults before they throw rocks at the lizard.

slenkar(Posted 2011) [#9]
maybe you could have the original mode (mousetraps), and dragon mode (catapults)

Thanks to the blitz forums this is going to be a cool game :)