Flyghty Win/Mac

Community Forums/Showcase/Flyghty Win/Mac

John G(Posted 2011) [#1]
Flyghty has been re-launched with a much improved user interface. Flyghty is a rare 2D flight sim involving pre 1950 propeller planes with both civilian and military challenges. You can design your own airplane -- wings, body, engine, colors etc. If you have 5 minutes, download the demo(s) and give me some feedback. NetBooks?

Click here!

Controls and Help PDFs can be downloaded from the website.
If time is very limited, try the (aircraft) Carrier Landing.

Flyghty was made using BlitzMax/MaxGUI.

John G(Posted 2011) [#2]
Completely forgot about the Windows Installer. Used isetup-5.4.2 as recommended. Seems to work fine. Thanks!

Foppy(Posted 2011) [#3]
Works well on my desktop computer (win 7). I like the realism but had quite a few crashes (in military mode) were a plane flew into my plane from behind.

John G(Posted 2011) [#4]
Hi Foppy,
Thanks so much for trying it. I think the aerodynamics are fairly accurate. It was quite a challenge to fit your plane and enemy planes or balloons on the screen at the same time -- thus the multiple zoom levels (pageUP/pageDN). Larger screens help but I recently tried it on a friend's XP net-book and it ran fine. Forgot to mention, frame-rate is the lower left number.

As for a plane sneaking up from behind (from offscreen) and crashing into you, there is no score penalty. Good-guys and bad-guys each lose one plane (a tie) but unfortunately does require a mission restart.

Thanks again,
John G