10K training Run in 3D

Community Forums/Showcase/10K training Run in 3D

Blitzplotter(Posted 2011) [#1]
A recent 10K training run in Garmin:

Then the same run in Blitz3D, note I intend to add more colour coding (heart rate indicator) to the height of the pillars(which indicates speed), at the moment I think blue is roughly sub 150 beats per minute. Thinking of using 4 or 5 different colours for different heart rates which'll be user defineable.

something like this:-

Last edited 2011

Wiebo(Posted 2011) [#2]
Nice =] It gives a nice graphical representation of your workout. Are you planning to put on top of a map of the area you ran through?

Blitzplotter(Posted 2011) [#3]
Yep, synchingg runs to a map is another little challenge! Had another run today, same route trying to keep out of the 'red zone', nearly managed it apart from the last Km or so, although I confess I moved the threshold for the red zone up a fraction ;) :-?

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011

Dabhand(Posted 2011) [#4]
Can you make one where it logs the info when I'm eating a donor kebab! :P Hehehe

Seriously, this would make a wicked app on mobiles, for people that jog obviously!

Dabz

Blitzplotter(Posted 2011) [#5]
@dabhand, yeah, I could have a 3D donner hover above your kebab stop!

There is some serious code lineage getting it this far in B3D (I reckon I've about 12 or more separate files!) sure it'd be one app and a half on a mobile, I fear it'd suck the life outa the battery - my new mobile is lucky to last a day as it is ;)

Blitzplotter(Posted 2011) [#6]
Are you planning to put on top of a map of the area you ran through?

Worked in functionality to allow the user to move around a 3D cuboid with the route super imposed on it (basically an image copied from google maps), then save the co-ords of the cuboid to a file. Then when you want to view the same route again, simply load the cuboids co-ords from file... Just to work in some UI and project associated blah next....