Quit Smoking Breakout

Community Forums/Showcase/Quit Smoking Breakout

richardc(Posted 2011) [#1]

After seeing this image on reddit.com earlier today I decided it would be fun to turn it into a real game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05Ie8lmxHhI

Nothing particularly amazing, but I thought it was an interesting concept.

My first game in BlitzMax as well.

Last edited 2011

stayne(Posted 2011) [#2]
I like it :)

Blitzplotter(Posted 2011) [#3]
cool, thought provoking (;

Playniax(Posted 2011) [#4]
Funny!

Dabhand(Posted 2011) [#5]
lol, nice!!! :)

My first ever BlitzBasic game was called Smoker Choker... Basically, back in the day when it meant that when you were a smoker you were'nt automatically frowned upon, I was sitting having a ciggy in my bedroom at the rents... My younger brother walked in and had a whinge about the tab smoke.

So, I built a game with a cropped image of his head going backwards and forwards at the top of the screen... Then scannned a packet of tabs and a single ciggy and they were your ship/bullets! :D

Everytime you fired I had my voice on saying "Wanna tab"!!! :D

He didnt appreciate it mind!

Dabz

Chugs40(Posted 2011) [#6]
Ah, the things one can do with a break-out type game - I like it!

Smoked for years, I hope my lungs aren't half gone at the bottom!
- Think I'll go have a smoke...

@Dabz
So, I built a game with a cropped image of his head going backwards and forwards at the top of the screen... Then scannned a packet of tabs and a single ciggy and they were your ship/bullets! :D

Everytime you fired I had my voice on saying "Wanna tab"!!! :D

Thats hillarious! Do you still have that game?

Last edited 2011

big10p(Posted 2011) [#7]
Heh, funny idea. I smoke and drink so maybe you could do one with a bottle hitting a ball at a liver, too. :P

Dabhand(Posted 2011) [#8]

Thats hillarious! Do you still have that game?

Nah, 'fraid not... The app was written in the original BlitzBasic demo that didnt allow compilation, it really wasnt much so its long gone! :)

Dabz

Chugs40(Posted 2011) [#9]
@Dabz
Long gone? I still have original blitzbasic, do you still have the source and media by chance? I could make an executable and post it for you.

And well, I just want to see it. What I'm picturing in my head sounds really funny to me! :D