Tanks vs. Zombies

Community Forums/Showcase/Tanks vs. Zombies

Oiduts Studios(Posted 2011) [#1]
I have never actually tried to make a 2D game before, I have found it to to be much less stressful than 3D development! Check this game out, this is a few days of work and I will definitely continue to work on it.

http://oiduts.net/zombies.html

Last edited 2011

Blitzplotter(Posted 2011) [#2]
Looks quite entertaining ;)

Oiduts Studios(Posted 2011) [#3]
Thank you! It is quite entertaining.... my class at school is making flash games and we are trying to convert everything I do in this into flash, all I can say is that actionscript 3 is the hardest language I have ever seen.

Perturbatio(Posted 2011) [#4]
actionscript 3 is the hardest language I have ever seen.

Stay clear of PERL then. :)

AS3 is not ideal, the implementation still feels a little off to me. It is just javascript at it's core but the stuff that's tacked on I don't think has been as well thought out as it could have been.

Oiduts Studios(Posted 2011) [#5]
Any other language is going to have to wait for me, after messing with Flash for a while it feels like Blitz3D is a game itself!

taumel(Posted 2011) [#6]
Actionscript 3 is rather easy, quite efficient and very well documented but it's not nice and comfy. Flash is a weird concept today where the majority of pros use third party ide's and write complex code in it. If you want something awkward then try Unityscript.